 Trains / 13055
Re: Station work-in-progress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 21:11:12 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Frank Buiting writes:

Hi Frank!

Nice to see, that we will have a new building for our Mülheim meeting on
october 28th. ;-)

For quite some time, the little station[1] in my town was ready for an
upgrade...
I had a little more time to build lately

Sounds very familiar to me....

so here is the result:

Really beautiful start. Since I know some of your finished 8highly detailed
buildings) I'm sure this will become an eye catcher also.

The project is on hold for the moment since I ran out of bricks. I'm waiting
for my brickbay order to arrive (most noteably the platform pieces and red
slopes) to finish the station.
In the mean time I'm experimenting with the design of the two 'towers', I'm
leaning towards a half-timbered look.

I agree: the halftimbered look is at least very typical for German
station buildings architecture, and I think it might be the same for the
Netherlands.

Any ideas and suggestions are welcome
ofcourse!

One question: is it planned to build the station in full symmetry? Or are the
two different designs of the 1st floor of the tower not meant as trials, which
looks better? If you will do a change for full symmetry, I would prefer the
left towers design.
I think it is unusual to have the walls in front of the right tower made out of
(grey) bricks. These walls would have nothing to bear (since there is no 2nd
floor above them. I think you would build these walls out of (white painted)
wood or in half timbered mode in real life.

Kind Regards,

Ben