 Trains / 11858
Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 00:33:29 GMT

Robin Werner wrote:

Mike,

Cool! You and your club have a super layout! I love all of the eye candy!
Nice to see 12v trains at a US train show, wish I could see them in person.
And I like the white and black Metroliner like train with 4 club cars!
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=50696)

The 12v was a last minute addition as I was starting to try and decide
how to use my space. Some quick negotiation with Cary allowed use to fit
the 12v loop in. Thomas Main provided most of the track (I could have
done the whole loop but I don't have remote turnouts or the signal
tracks, I might have also had to mix grey and blue track). I had been
staying away from 12v until I got an opportunity to get a MISB 7735 for
a very reasonable price. Soon after, the bug had bit.

Frank