 Trains / 11805
Re: Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 15:13:08 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  I went and looked at the bid history, which gives the explanation
  why the seller cancelled all the bids:

  'Erklärung: Meine Katzen haben sich heute Nacht über die Anleitungen
  hergemacht'

  (Or...)

  "Explanation:  My cats pitched into the instructions tonight."
  That may be a bit too literal, any Germans want to help?  I'm
  not sure what idiomatic assumptions might be taken with "sich
  ueber hermachen."

Alta Vista translates it as "My cats made themselves tonight over the
guidances."

That sounds, to me, like his cats peed on the instructions.  Funny stuff.  I
wonder if that's the German way of saying "my dog ate my homework."

Neat looking castle.  My kid'll love it.

--Dave (jot and jab)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx