 Harry Potter / 314
Re: Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:44:17 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Timothy Carl Buchheim writes:
Johannes Koehler wrote:

I just found this auction on eBay.de:

http://cgi.ebay.de/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1609513871
Take a look at the images. Do they look like fake?

4709 looks great!

it looks like it has at least four owls, in several colors.
light grey (on tallest tower)
dark grey (on leftmost tower)
black (just right of center tower)
brown (on BURP in lower right)

it also looks like it has some bats on the building on the left (but I
have enough of those things from fright knights..)

Many arches (grey and tan)

grey rock-pattern round walls  (and is that a tan rounded wall higher
up?)

sand green cones

slopes in tan and grey

many dark grey "thick baseplates"  (large bricks)  including some
quarter circles

curved fence

KK-style castle walls (not my favorite part, but usable)

lots of 1x2x5 or 2x2x3 POOPs. (I actually find these quite useful for
large castles, especially when building pillars like those found in this
set)

it also has two dark grey triangular BURPs, which don't look too bad the
way they used them.  (I'd prefer light grey.. almost all of mine are
dark grey)

roof of left building looks like it is made from cloth (like sails or
the tapestry in King Leo's castle) .. you can see the black pieces
holding them up

new hair pieces and other minifig parts

black lantern/palm tree piece. (on the boat)

it looks like the rounded windows are used in two of the towers

4708 doesn't interest me as much, but I might get it.  Except then I'll
be drawn into LEGO trains... and I don't know if I can afford that!

Speaking of special pieces, is that a gryffendor shield the knight's holding?

NICK