 Trains / 11807
Re: Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 15:59:56 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Johannes Koehler writes:

Hahaha! No! It means: "My cats destroyed the instruction books". No word
of peeing :-)

I wonder if that's the German way of saying "my dog ate my homework."

Not really idiomatically. But the sense in this case may be the same.

Thanks, Jojo.

It definitely sounds like a lame excuse, no matter which way you decipher
it.  What kind of cats does he have that would destroy all the books,
whether with claws or bladders?  Bengal tigers?

Bah...I'm waiting for these sets to hit the half-price shelf anyway...

--Dave (jot and jab)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx