 Harry Potter / 315
Re: Instructions only? was: Re: Harry Potter sets on Ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 04:35:13 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Kevin Johnston writes:
In lugnet.castle, Matt Brooks writes:
Check 'em out! Johannes Koehler (ie:JoJo) found these on German Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.de/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1609513871

Pretty cool.  This appears to be an auction for the two instruction books
only, not the sets themselves-- can someone who speaks German please confirm
this?

   Larry P noticed this over on .trains, and I can verify it now
   that I've looked at it too.  The auction has also been ended
   early with no winners, the seller striking all bids because
   his or her cats have "pitched into" the instructions tonight
   ("sich ueber hermachen").  I put out a feeler for a clarification
   in case it's an idiom, but it sounds like "the dog ate my
   Hausaufgabe."  It may also be a means of defusing some obviously
   misguided (or fake) bids from people who didn't bother reading
   the auction text fully--someone bid almost $500 for the three
   sets of instructions!

   best

   Lindsay