 Trains / 1136
    Possible Source of NEW Trains —Lawrence Wilkes
   My village toy store started selling Best Lock ( a Lego Compatible) a couple of weeks back - They have an interesting range (much more extensive than Mega Blocks ever was) Prices are at least half a comparable Lego set. Check out (URL) web site was (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains —Scott Edward Sanburn
     Can you imagine if this company made better sets than TLG? If TLG keeps going the way they do, I might have to switch. From what I have seen, it looks a lot better than Town Junior does. I like the military sets as well. Any chance of seeing these (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains —David Blomberg
      The military sets are available in some Target stores in the U.S. see news://lugnet.com/F9...lugnet.com or if that link doesn't work, it's 4/10/99 Best-lock post by Ben Vaughan in the off-topic clones newsgroup I got an e-mail in January from their (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

          Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains —Scott Edward Sanburn
       Really? I never saw any around in Michigan. May I ask where you reside? Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

           Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains —Joshua Delahunty
       I've seen (held, checked-out, put back) the military sets in a Target in the San Francisco Bay Area in California. Among other problems, the plates look really flimsy. That, along with other general flimsy appearance meant I wasn't willing to chance (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

           Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains —Scott Edward Sanburn
       Josh, Thanks, I never saw any around here. Bad quality, huh? Oh well, at least it was an attempt. Ugh! Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

           Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains —Larry Pieniazek
        (...) I felt the same way. I fervently hope they do not make trains unless they can improve the quality a LOT. Their molds can't be THAT imprecise so it's got to be the speed at which they eject the parts. (25 years ago, 2-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

          Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains —Scott Edward Sanburn
      Ah, thanks for the clone links. That's one of the few I am not subscribed too. Oh well, it was a hope! Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains —Christopher Masi
     (...) You know, previously I would have said you are nuts; LEGO cannot be out done. However, it does seem that LEGO is working very hard at making life easier for the competition. Maybe the competition would get LEGO going in the right direction? (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains —Scott Edward Sanburn
     Oh, I agree Chris. I would have said the same thing five years ago. I have been with Lego sets for 20 years now, and I have a hard time with saying it. But times have changed. I will say the SW sets are wonderful, I have many now. But overall, look (...) (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains —John Matthews
   Are the Bestlock bricks the same (or near) quality as LEGO? If they are as crappy as MEGABLOCKS, then this discussion is over for me. Just wondering and hoping.... John Lawrence Wilkes <lawrence_wilkes@msn.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains —Scott Edward Sanburn
   I would guess it would be similar to Megablocks, just as a guess. But maybe if TLG would see some of their themes (i.e. Military, Suburbia, etc.) and some of their pieces, maybe they would think twice on their Town Juniorizing everything. I would (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.trains)