 Trains / 11250
  Not My Own Train

Without excitement, I received my gray train with tendor the other day, built it, and gasped at its ugliness. This is the best Lego can produce? Great, their new technology allows you to receive a lousy model in any color you want. Lego, obviously, (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

(...) There are a lot of us trainheads who feel the same way and can heartily agree with you. But at least LEGO® has released something new in the trains line, this is better than nothing. But I think I'll build a diesel to pull my Bricworx cars (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

...snip... (...) After spending some time working for Lego and talking to some of my buddies who used to work designing the star wars sets, I'd argue that it is not the designer's fault the models seem uninspired, it's the constraints that are (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

(...) Wow, thanks for the insight John! I always suspected that creativity and versatility were scrapped for sake of a set design's monetary bottom line. It just kills me (and probably the designers too) that the designers are not given as much of a (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

In lugnet.trains, Richard W. Schamus writes: <snipped insights> (...) Hopefully sets like the new Sopwith Camel sell well enough to convince LEGO that there is a market for high quality, highly detailed sets. And I would guess they're also watching (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

In lugnet.trains, Lars Brandt writes: <snip> (...) I would dispute that. I've met the current train designer and his work is aces, it would blow your socks off. Your issue is not with him, it is with the parameters around what sets are designed and (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

Where was Lars when I had the floor at the summit? :) Way inside, but I drew simular conclusions when we were asked about the new train at the summit we had several months ago. And the designer was there and this creation is not a (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

(...) Yes, I hope that the recent fair they are providing us now really helps us help them in their decision making. (...) Within the context you describe, I fully agree. And I also like the parts selection as well. (...) Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

(...) Lar I believe your right when you say junioriztion is to blame (partly)I think that the US fans can have more of an influence on be halfof the world wide AFOL on lego A/S since the number of AFOL's fans esp into in the US and US in general (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Not My Own Train

Wasn't there an NDA signed? <Cue the big lawyers in the United States of Litigation> So you guys did know about this. What else ey? Santosh (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

(...) Knew about what? ++Lar (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

Personally, I can't wait to see what new train stuff is in store. While not everyone is happy with the new train (I am), the train summit, bulk doors and windows and the new sets shows us that Lego is commited to the line. However, the wait for new (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not My Own Train

(...) As Warren Buffet would say, management shouldn't dwell too hard at making public projections-- it leads to irrational management behavior in obtaining their announced goal. A well managed company would concentrate on keeping their quality (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)