 Trains / 11096
11095  |  11097
Subject:
8w Switcher Hood Taper concept (was: SW-something switcher)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 21:33:41 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
Yeah, that angle in is a bummer.  Frankly, my solution has been to avoid
it, because nothing is going to look just right given the limitations of
the elements-- for *8wide*, that is.

That sounds like a challenge to me!

The problem was bugging me all morning, and it has been rather quiet around
here, so I whipped this up.  I don't prototype in MLCAD very much, but this
looks feasable and reasonably sturdy to me.  I believe that I have the parts
to do this in the colors pictured, or at least reasonably close.
  http://www.hafhead.com/lego/temp/8wd/index.html

It's not a finished model, but it should easily be enough to demo the basic
idea.  And the other details may be way off.  But gimme a break- I'm only a
recently-converted trainhead, and have never even tried 8-wide before.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com