 Trains / *7914 (-20)
  Train Windows

Hello fellow Lugnetters I have recently been looking at the new soccer/football sets; the team busses. Set numbers 3404, 3405, 3406, 3407 These sets each have 7 train windows & are therefore great for parts. What do people think of these sets for (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Weekend work, gauntlet track

Hey all, Here's some pics of what we've been up to this weekend. Tom Cook, Jennifer and I were thinking of how to share a single line of track (like a bridge, say) with multiple trains... We came up with this solution, that allows a span of track to (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: monorail follies

(...) If you are willing to only run the train in one direction, the trick would be to push one car and tow three. Of course it puts the motor off center which will look funny (but then, to some extent, in any more than two car train, the motor will (...) (24 years ago, 1-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: monorail follies

In lugnet.trains, Cary Clark writes: <snipped construction comments> (...) I really like your idea of the hinge-panels to cover the monorail motor. Coverings to the monorail motor are a very challenging task. Good idea. I'd never thought of turning (...) (24 years ago, 1-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Are the new Duplo trains a sign?

I really like the new fronts on these trains, I wonder if they could be incorporated into a LEGO train? Of course they would have to be a bit wider than 6wide, hmmmm how wide would they be.... John? -- James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (...) (24 years ago, 1-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Are the new Duplo trains a sign?

(...) That would be great and that is my hope as well. My fear is that the mediocrity of recent 9 volt set designs reflects just the opposite. I see no vision, no master plan, no desire other than to put out junk. But even the *junkiest* set would (...) (24 years ago, 1-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Are the new Duplo trains a sign?

Well, I saw the duplo freight train ( (URL) ) in the S@H catalogue, but today I saw the new Duplo passenger train ( (URL) ) in TRU. I was impressed by the freight train, and I am equally impressed by the passenger train. So, a thought pops into my (...) (24 years ago, 1-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  monorail follies

Inspired by Mike Walsh and others, I decided to make a four car monorail. I left my Airport Shuttle alone -- which turned out to be a really good idea -- and created a clone in black with a yellow stripe, dictated mostly by the color of my available (...) (24 years ago, 1-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: So who wants to update Track Designer?

(...) Obviously Buchannan has some pull withing the media. He is a career columnist, pundit and talk show host. Plus, tv execs know there will be big fireworks with Hitl^H^H^H Buchannan there. KL (24 years ago, 1-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gondola Prototype. Looking for opinions

(...) works pretty well, if he is in a good mood or if he is very sleepy. Chris (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: So who wants to update Track Designer?

(...) My list is with the NGLTC individual who took over MB's Train Depot site. However the general ideas in it where. -Link to exsiting L-CAD programs. - Use LCAD Parts libary of baseplates instead of set numbers? - Automatic Layout generation. Not (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: So who wants to update Track Designer?

(...) That's cool, things have been a bit slow at work and I'll have some time to work on it. Is there a list of suggestions somewhere ? Leonardo (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gondola Prototype. Looking for opinions

<snip> (...) Thanks if he would only come... (...) Well yes *but* all the ones I have are red which doesn't look good with blue (or brown which I am trying to do this in). They also doesn't jive with the length of my cars. (...) Yes but so far I (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gondola Prototype. Looking for opinions

(...) The train base plates will let you hide the tops of the wheelsets. Just my two cents, Chris P.S. I should mention that the gondola looks very cool. (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: So who wants to update Track Designer?

(...) He's got my vote. ++Lar Harry Brown 1.6%... Buchanan .6% (but who gets on Meet The Press sunday?) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Sketches/Photos up

(...) funny, MY Marklin catalog shows only the end 2 units with bogies, the center three are one axle per end. (URL) then click on featured model, DB cargo sprinter (this link may not work forever) ++Lar (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Sketches/Photos up

The Cargo Sprinter, yet another model I've had my eye on (the Beyer-Garrett is the other). In my Marklin catalog it show the flatbed with bogies. I'll try to remember to scan tonight and add to Brickshelf. BTW I figued I'd build 6 or 5 wide (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: So who wants to update Track Designer?

(...) If Leonardo has the willingness and ability and the time, then he would seem to be the man for the job. I think a good chunk of us here have the first two - it's the available time that is the hard one. :-) SRC (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: So who wants to update Track Designer?

(...) I did the NGLTC tables, but the thing about Track Designer is that you can't export/import single elements, its all or nothing. Maybe who ever updates it can add that feature. jt (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: So who wants to update Track Designer?

"Matthew Bates" <train_depot@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:G1nynq.2EH@lugnet.com... (...) any (...) code (...) Speaking of Track Designer, has anyone modeled the PNLTC tables as Track Designer elements? Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact