 Trains / *6469 (-100)
  Re: Box cars for display at the "Kidvention"

I gave the plates a try, but I didn't like it. So, I went with the low slopes. Now I have to come up with a logo. Thanks Lar, Chris P.S. Shouldn't John be chiming in right now with the observation that extreme low slopes would fit on an eight wide (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Box cars for display at the "Kidvention"

(...) I typically use low slopes which are technically a bit too steep of a pitch for the roof but which make me happy. Using a 2 stud wide one plate high ridge in the center of an otherwise flat roof might also work. ++Lar (24 years ago, 17-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Box cars for display at the "Kidvention"

OK, I have just decided to create the NO LTC. Read it however you want, "No LEGO Train Club" or "New Orleans LEGO Train Club". This train club will exist for only one reason; I want to submit a box car to the Kidvention/World Record attempt. I (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  John's 8-Wide Utopia (And Beyond)

John, Where is your eight wide box car? I know I've seen it, and I figured it was on your eight-wide utopia. Alas, no joy... Chris (24 years ago, 17-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego® train motors from 1966 till now...

Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote ... (...) version since they used cross-axles instead of the wheels with smooth metal axles, which would slip under the slightest stress. (...) equivalent? (...) The C batteries that I have today still fit perfectly in (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  I have them all!

Today in the morning hours my last missing train set with number 722 was brought by the postman. I added a picture of it on my homepage: (URL) I do own all train sets Lego ever released! (Ok, with exception of sets 252, 323 and 396, which I don't (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego® train motors from 1966 till now...

In lugnet.general, Mark Haye writes: Thanks Mark, for your reply and good hints and questions! (...) This catalog is not dated, but I suppose it might be from before 1966. If that's the case, this would be indeed the very first Lego® motor. But (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

Reinhard "Ben" Beneke <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message news:Fw7s0A.829@lugnet.com... (...) a few questions: I have seen pictures of a 60s-era motor and battery box that were made with clear parts. There is a scan on Joe Lauher's "The (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego® train motors from 1966 till now...

(...) And the 7750 also had what would be considered one of the rarest train pieces around, the red bogie plate. (24 years ago, 17-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego® train motors from 1966 till now...

(...) 7730, (...) That's exactely right! Only in these three models.... That's why it's so rare. I didn't write that on the page otherwise I had to tell where the yellow 107 comes from, where black 100 have been part of sets and so on... I think one (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego® train motors from 1966 till now...

Great page, Ben--very informative! I have an old motor from the 70's from an unknown set; I'll have to take a close look at it to see which variety it is. One small nit--the red 12V motor came in the 7750 as well as the 7727 and 7730, didn't it? (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP9 Locomotive *(Version 2)*

(...) Ben & Will, Thanks so much for your help and comments. I am quite happy with the model now. I work from home which has its good points and bad points but I have my engine running circles in front of my desk at the moment on my extremely small (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego® train motors from 1966 till now...

(...) Hello Ben, I really like your Motor History. I also like your narrative with pictures. I was thinking on doing something like that with the History of LEGO series. I also like your black spoked train wheel background. Great job!! Gary Istok (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  spine cars

Here are some pics of my still in progress spine cars. I haven't started the two end units yet because I ran out of 2xn yellow plates. I also have to add details and redo the stands to mount the trailers. I was wondering if anyone had any (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NGLTC Tagged again..

(...) Uh, yeah... I'll make sure to navigate the cars much more carefully than I navigate ships. ;^) -Shiri XFUT .o-t.fun (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: NGLTC Tagged again..

In Georgia it's $40 to order the tag, you can order it anytime of the year (it used to be that you could only order them during certain months) and then you have to pay a small fee every year on top of the regular registration fees. Not a bad deal, (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NGLTC Tagged again..

(...) Nice! Out of curiousity, how much does such a name-plate cost? (I know this is quite common in the US, but I never heard about actual prices.) -Shiri (who's going to get her permit in 9 days, so you'd better start preparing now ;-) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  NGLTC Tagged again..

(URL) like the NGLTC fleet is growing. This is the official van of the NGLTC, and basically the size of the layout is proportion to the amount of stuff I can cram in the van. I'm thinking of adding a trailer to haul the tables so I can put more LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  New banner for my Lego® homepage

A friend of mine (René, called Navigation, mastermind of www.1000steine.de) has created a banner for bannerlinks on my homepage. I think it's really awesome, so I added it to my startpage and if someone would like to use it, feel free to download (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP9 Locomotive *(Version 2)*

(...) Much better! Indeed a cool model and the logo is an eye catcher. Regards, Ben (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Models for Display at Kidvention

Hey everybody... I am looking for a few models to display at the Kidvention with the LDraw setup. They need to have a virtual representation in .dat format so we can print up a poster of a rendering of the model. I'm looking for stuff from a lot of (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !

  Re: Boston & Maine GP9 Locomotive *(Version 2)*

(...) my (...) Ohhhh! Very nice. I like your radiator humps much better than the ones I suggested. Now...if I could just get around to becomming an actual Lego railroader instead of an armchair one :-) Will Lego Beach Department of Emergency (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  eGroup set up for the NGLTC

Hey everyone, I have set up an eGroup account for the North Georgia LEGO Train Club and if you are interested in being a part of the NGLTC then you are invited to add your names to the list. The main reason I set up the account is to make it easier (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP9 Locomotive *(Version 2)*

OK thanks to some very helpful advice I made some significant changes to my Boston & Maine GP9 Bluebird. Its probably best just to see it yourself. I have a write-up on the page as well. (URL) always comments, nits, and criticisms are welcome. Eric (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP9 Locomotive

(...) Well I have done something to remove the hump. Its a little different then what you have described but I like it better than the hump. I will put up new pictures tonight. (...) Actually early on I had the 2x3 and 4x3 slopes on the roof (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Kidvention, GMLTC, and 'Logo' train cars

John, What days will you be at Kidvention? I may come down for the 8-16, but may want to trim it down to 12-16 or something. I have a Talon with a rollbar, so can't haul a bunch of stuff, but was planning on bringing at least a steamer trunk of (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: crane waggon + flat car

(...) The two middle wheel sets have tiles on top and can slide sidwards between the outer wheel sets, which are fixed to the waggons baseplate. Of course the moveable wheels cant fall out, but are hold by kind of "clamps". I think you can't bring 4 (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Lego® train motors from 1966 till now...

I just have done a bigger update on my "LEGO® Motor History" site. (URL) quite sure there are still a lot of mistakes in my use of language, but I hope the new pictures could help at some of the frequently asked questions about Lego® motors. Kind (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP9 Locomotive

(...) First of all, I REALLY like what you've done, especially with the logo. Now, on to the nits :-) To fix the "camel-hump" I'd delete the top row of slopes (but keep the inverse slopes!) and use a layer of plates and / or tiles to model the upper (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: crane waggon + flat car

Ben - Did you need to do anything special to get the four wheelsets around curves okay? Or are they all rigidly attached to the crane car? Nice model. Ben (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Kidvention, GMLTC, and 'Logo' train cars

(...) Hi Christopher! The First German Lego Train Club has only 3 active members, and at our last event Jan even had no chance to participate... But I started the club more or less as a possibility to get more responce from net community and other (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Boston & Maine GP9 Locomotive

(...) Dear Eric, as you say: the region above the logo is a little bit weak. Please excuse my open word, but I immediately thought about a camel, when I saw the engine first. But if you solve that problem and if you add some more details (e.g. (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Kidvention, GMLTC, and 'Logo' train cars

(...) No need to ask! OF COURSE your car is welcome! The more the merrier!! Make up a name (or not), make up a logo (or not), make up a car of some sort and send it to us -- we'll run it... We'll need to designate one of our club members as 'traffic (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Kidvention, GMLTC, and 'Logo' train cars

Christopher, I started the North Georgia LEGO Train Club with only one member and I called it a club. And after I did the first show the membership had grown to two members. My wife would kid me a lot asking how my club of "one" was doing. But now I (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Kidvention, GMLTC, and 'Logo' train cars

I have been following these threads with much excitement and a little disappointment. I am all alone.... I thought of creating a LEGO Train Club of 1 in an attempt to rationalize a submission, but I keep thinking that a train club of one is a little (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Kidvention, GMLTC, and 'Logo' train cars

(...) I'm not sure, I believe that people would send money/stamps/whatever for the return postage along with their cars. That way the PNLTC wouldn't have to pay the return postage. *Of course* the GMLTC would forward any money or stamps on to the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Kidvention, GMLTC, and 'Logo' train cars

(...) I am going to be at the Kidvention on the 11th and the 12th. So I can hand carry my car out to you guys. But I'm curious, how is the return of the cars and containers going to be handled? Russell (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Kidvention, GMLTC, and 'Logo' train cars

Hi all. I know several LTCs ("LEGO Train Clubs" for the uninitiated) are building containers and cars to run on the PNLTC layout when then make their world record attempt in August. On behalf of the GMLTC, I'd like to make an offer: Send your (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce)

  Re: New MOC: crane waggon + flat car

(...) Time to update my current crane waggon <set:7814> :-) -- Frank Buiting Visit the LEGO Lexicon: (URL) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Boston & Maine GP9 Locomotive

Well the heading says just about everything. I have included comments on a temporary LUGNET page I have set up. As it says on the page I am waiting on parts to finish the trucks and I am considering some other changes. (URL) always please let me (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: crane waggon + flat car

(...) Ben, I don't think I have seen your page before (except for the April Fools joke). I love your stuff. I particularly like your John Deer Tractor and your steam locomotives. Great stuff!!! Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) My (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New MOC: crane waggon + flat car

I have used the Whitsun days for some little new selfdesigned models. Just a small crane waggon and two flat cars. Thanks once more to Larry P. for the MTT (used for flaps in the brown waggon). The tan flaps are from 5948 Treasure Raiders, which (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who will be first to pave there roads with tiles?

Yeah, when I saw the bricks on their sides thing I thought, "Hey, pretty slick." Nice technique. (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who will be first to pave there roads with tiles?

Oops, at least I didn't say, "Who will be the first to pave they're roades with tiles?" ^^^^^ and eye got it write in the massage. Krystofer (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: bulk ordering is here!

I was confused about this as well. I explicitly had the operator verify that these trans thin walls are identical to those used in 4561. These are light blue trans-blue thin walls as opposed to the dark blue variety seen in aquanaut and other sets. (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Who will be first to pave there roads with tiles?

(...) Funny, I thought it meant what John thought. Must be some east coast Borg collective thought thing, J-1... -John aka J-2 (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who will be first to pave there roads with tiles?

(...) ...Well, we could do it now... :-)! woohoo! ...you can go back to ignoring me now... wubwub stephen f roberts wamalug guy ((URL) Guide ((URL) the wildlink ((URL) #160 (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: bulk ordering is here!

Metroliner windows? Where? I still need dozens ;-) (...) ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who will be first to pave there roads with tiles?

(...) That's not what Christopher means, and I think we all know it. HHHmmmmm... Maybe it will be WAMALUG... maybe... just maybe... Just day dreaming out loud... Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (No, I don't (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who will be first to pave there roads with tiles?

(...) The GMLTC 'paves' some of our roads with 1x black bricks turned sideways. That way we can use a row of yellow plates down the middle for the center stripe. It is kinda hard to work around the corners though... JohnG, GMLTC (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Who will be first to pave there roads with tiles?

I have been thinking this for a while, and now that LEGO Direct is up and running I can wonder out loud. Who will be the first to pave all their roads in their train layouts with black tiles? Just day dreaming, Christopher (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: bulk ordering is here!

(...) So how many floors are you going to add to that skyscraper(1)? Though I did see what you did with all those metroliner windows. :) -chris 1- (URL) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: bulk ordering is here!

(...) You're absolutely right. Thin walls were around many years before they were ever used in a train. However, I would rather bulk order thin walls than train windows. What would I do with 300 train windows? I could do lots of things with 300 thin (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Did we miss this in the new catalog?

(...) That traffic is containerized, too many balls lost due to shrinkage from open top hoppers. YCLIU. ++Lar (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: bulk ordering is here!

(...) Just to clarify, these: (...) are *not* Train windows. They are thinwalls. It so happens that they were used in 4561. But then, 4561 is barely a train anyway. This: (URL) this: (URL) train windows I ain't complaining. We have a great source of (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Did we miss this in the new catalog?

(...) ...Come on now! How do you think they get soccer balls to the soccer fields? :-) ...you can go back to ignoring me now... wubwub stephen f roberts wamalug guy ((URL) Guide ((URL) the wildlink ((URL) #160 (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did we miss this in the new catalog?

(...) Naaa... A) Not prototypical. B) I only have 6 of them. Well actually I don't have any! They all technically "belong" to Nik. So far I have only bought 2 soccer sets. C) No time. ++Lar (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  It Really Works!! (4-8-8-4)

Well, This should be my last spamming of Steam Train Wheels, I finished the wheels and everything works I have some picts, as soon as we get some sun up here I wil go outside and snap some nice ones. Anyway, there is one problem that I have run into (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.trains)

  GFLUG and GFLTC Meeting

Florida LEGO Fans, The Greater Florida LEGO Train Club (GFLTC) and the new Greater Florida LEGO Users Group (GFLUG) will be having a meeting in the Tampa Bay Area. The meeting will be at Mark's house near the St. Petersburg/Clearwater Airport on (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Gianluca Morelli's models

(...) Thanks for the instructions. I've made a DAT file of the model and built it. I modified the built one so that two minifigs can fit inside (but no steering wheel, unfortunately). If anyone's interested in seeing how I did it, LMK. --Bram (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Did we miss this in the new catalog?

(...) One thing I like about the various displays is that while they have some huge creations, it looks like they also display all the actual sets. Nice touch. I like the one with all the soccer balls. I bet we'll be able to re-create that type of (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam Train Wheels (Part2)

Some people thought I was crazy for cutting the hubs however, the plan worked with No screw ups! 2 more hours in the workshop and you will see the (Maybe First) Working 4-8-8-4 Negotiate Switches/Crossings.... I even made some changes to the (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BayLUG boxcar for PNLTC

(...) It (...) design (...) design. (...) Great work! I like the artwork design, this is just what I was thinking of for the GFLTC Car, but with our logos. Build on... Robin Werner GFLTC (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  BayLUG boxcar for PNLTC

I have posted a preliminary scan of the boxcar I plan on sending to the PNLTC for the record breaking event. I should have better pictures up this weekend. It has nothing fancy. It is just a box on wheels using white 2x4 bricks for the body. It is (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Speed: 9V vs. 12V

I was playing with a couple of my 12V engines (7735 and 7755) last night with a stopwatch. I don't have a very long stretch of straight track--only about 40"--but from my computations my average speed for both engines pulling nothing was about 2.84 (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  8 wide TLC train car?!

I was just looking at the pictures from the Lego Soccer Truck tour posted by Steve. Check this image (URL) black car under the launch pad, right hand side, is eight wide. Anyway, just thought I would stir the eight wide soup up a bit. Chris (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam Train Wheels (TrainHeads this is for YOU)

Hey Wayne- (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Steam Train Wheels (TrainHeads this is for YOU)

I now have a Webpage for my Progress on cutting Wheels (Technic Hubs) for use for your Large Steam Train Project. Its still in its early stages however some of you might want to at least take a look and see. My first trial was to use a Lathe, (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A model rollercoaster using lego for the train cars

Try it as (URL) well known problem with XOOM and Communicator. Well known to me, anyways. Seems to only affect a few systems (affects my home system, but not either work system, all 3 running NT4 and Comm 4.72 with similar settings). Anyways, if (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  The Big House (Train Station Completed)

I posted my new picts. It was raining out today so I had to take indoor picts. Not to thrilled about them but still looks good. You can find the picts at the link below under <b>Projects Completed</b> (URL) (24 years ago, 8-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A model rollercoaster using lego for the train cars

(...) Still doesn't work. Frank (24 years ago, 8-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A model rollercoaster using lego for the train cars

(...) Fixed the link (24 years ago, 8-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First true Train MOC (NELUG Boxcar).

(...) First thanks to everyone that posted or E-mailed me comments and suggestions. I have made a couple of small changes to the NELUG boxcar according to some of your suggestions. 1. I moved the trucks out toward the ends more. 2. I lost the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Hiawatha Eye Candy

(...) Cool and I would have bat it was a real photo! If it was a digital fake, why haven't you added steam and some black smoke? Regards Ben (24 years ago, 8-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hiawatha Eye Candy

(...) Thanks. Actually, it is this photo: (URL) after I tinkered in Photoshop with it. (...) Ooh, good idea! I'll have to remember that on the next round of pics:-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hiawatha Eye Candy

Looks cool John, did you add the light effect or did the picture just come out that way? Needs a lone signal man watching the engine go by. jt (...) ---...--- James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) (24 years ago, 8-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Hiawatha Eye Candy

Although the Milwaukee Road's famed passenger train named the Hiawatha wasn't an overnight express but a daily from Minneapolis to Chicago (both ways), darkness arrives early in December in Wisconsin. Here is a pic of my Hi steaming back to (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First true Train MOC (NELUG Boxcar).

(...) Bryan, I posted a description of the door setup at almost the same time you posted this message. So heres a link... (URL) Kingsley, The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) My Creations at: (URL) (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First true Train MOC (NELUG Boxcar).

(...) I need to consider going bufferless. Thanks to my purchases of 6716 to get cannon for my pirate ships I have a TON of those 2x3 rounded plates with hole in black. (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First true Train MOC (NELUG Boxcar).

(...) Thanks, I will try that at some point although I don't have a lot of technic plates to work with either. Probably enough for a couple cars but not a lot. The 2x2 tile is a great idea I should have thought of that. (...) Cool so I can let my (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First true Train MOC (NELUG Boxcar).

Eric, Very nice work. I can't see exactly how the fake doors are done. Can you (or someone) give me some pointers on using a plate as a sliding door? Bryan Kinkel (still working on his first MOC engine) "Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First true Train MOC (NELUG Boxcar).

(...) I just totally disagree, it is a very weak connection, you can't pick the car up by the body, the trucks fall off. But it's cheap, those parts are easy to come by and you save a lot of plates in the floor. (...) Mr. 8Wide: "<ppssss-chhhhhuh> (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First true Train MOC (NELUG Boxcar).

(...) Very nice try. Lots of good detail. Since you don't have bogie plates (which are cheap, go get some) or a floor plate (which I feel isn't worth the money, doing it with regular plates is the way to go) another alternative to the turntable (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First true Train MOC (NELUG Boxcar).

(...) Good work Eric! I think this could be the beginning of an expensive hobby! Regards Ben (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First true Train MOC (NELUG Boxcar).

(...) Thanks! (...) Ahh! Excellent Idea. I will make the change. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of these in black but I should have a couple. If I followed this group closer I would have known what to use. (...) Done! I knew something didn't look (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First true Train MOC (NELUG Boxcar).

Eric- Nice work for a rookie;-) That is my favorite box car to model-- the ol' 40 footer. A couple of nits: 1. Loose the buffers. We are in America-- land of the free, and home of the bufferless;-) Use the 2x3 black plate with one side rounded and a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  First true Train MOC (NELUG Boxcar).

Hey all, You may have noticed that I did some containers recently for the PNLTC world record event. Well part of that discussion tailed off into the possibility of doing boxcars. I don't know if the boxcar idea will come to fruition or not but it (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: PNLTC to break Guinness record!

Wayne & Terri, and Laura, and those who emailed me with offers of a place to stay - thank you all very much. Right now we don't how many are coming or when so I don't think we can make definite plans, but I will get back to you nearer to the time (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van)

  Re: Pictures from Manassas, VA

(...) ...U mean there were other layouts there? :-) ...you can go back to ignoring me now... wubwub stephen f roberts wamalug guy ((URL) Guide ((URL) the wildlink ((URL) #160 (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: all container input (wasPNLTC to break Guinness record!

(...) Well I took some time over the weekend to put together a container car with 4x16 and 4x8 containers on it. I don't know if you will wan't the whole car or just a container but here is what I have so far. (URL) if you can't tell that car and (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: all container input (wasPNLTC to break Guinness record!

(...) Some of the German AFOLs plan to offer containers for the PNLTC too. Here comes my first drafts of two containers: (URL) think I would offer to send them one way: the worth of such a small container would be succeded by the shipping prizes.... (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  BrickFest June 9 - 11, 2000 Washington DC, USA!!! Last post!!!

posted to:lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.fun.gaming, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains fut: lugnet.org.us.wamalug What: (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: maing 9v versions of the 12v accessories

"Jonathan Wilson" <wilsonj@xoommail.com> wrote in message news:393AF4F5.FBD469...ail.com... (...) I don't have any LEGO polarity switches, so I can't tell if it can be done. Does the switch work like an 'on-off' switch (like in a center position or (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from Manassas, VA

(...) That would be the mountain and pond I built. I have about 45 standard green bricks left(time to buy more buckets :) The mountain uses something similar to the GMLTC tower system as its support. -Chris (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from Manassas, VA

(...) of sloped and standard green bricks in the picture with the horse and hay coach. "Leg godt" Ben (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: maing 9v versions of the 12v accessories

(...) Sure...go to Radio Shack and get the bits and pieces. I believe 'Zonker' Harris has stuff like that on his web page. James (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Any trainheads here?

Yeah, this is why I asked Todd for some more stickers, with some 1.5x/2x/3x the size of the ones he sent - I need some for a racing team, so I need some for the cars, signs, and semis/trailers. And more 1x for all the figs (a decent sized racing (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: maing 9v versions of the 12v accessories

(...) Check out my web site below for pictures of my 9v motorised level crossing with flashing lights and bells (siren module). I now control it with a technic control centre II. (24 years ago, 4-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: maing 9v versions of the 12v accessories

(...) polarity switches for example)? (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from Manassas, VA

(...) some more detail here: (URL) , in the brickshelf gallery. Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (No, I don't work for TLC, but I want to...) BRICKFEST IN THE US CAPITOL JUNE9-11!!!!! Card carrying LUGNET (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact