 Trains / *5042 (-20)
  Re: Silver Metroliner Pics

Alright, you've got a point... but I don't want to throw money at ebay for a metroliner. So I have about 40 silver bricks. They did grow on trees, you know, for a season. The macaroni I have from many Model Team sets found at Odd Job. I am going to (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

No offense taken, david. I know that my style is a little abrasive. Did you see Shiri Dori's posting? It recommends checking out (URL) on 'Displays by Lego', then on 'Wild West'. It's pretty rad. I especially liked the brown railroad ties. (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Silver Metroliner Pics

(...) I have to confess that only about half of the silver bricks are mine. (...) Cats love trains. Especially the engine from 4559. KL (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Silver Metroliner Pics

(...) The only reason there are no tubes on the other side is because I ran out:) 6 wide is exactly the right size for 2 curved and one straight tube (use a 2 axle to connect the bottom of the straight tube to the other corner tube. The other side (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Silver Metroliner Pics

(...) gorgeous coach, there, kevin! i mean _really_! i don't think i've ever seen so many silver bricks in one construction! the curved roof is especially nice, reminding me of the silver motor-homes of the 50's. my cat was very "concerned*" when i (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Silver Metroliner Pics

(...) Oh please! That thing takes 40 silver 2x4 bricks per side! If you can't get a Metroliner off of ebay, try to get 80 silver bricks. And that is also a lot of silver tubes- 40 elbows per side and 40 straights in the middle. Of course, there are (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Silver Metroliner Pics

(...) Is she any match for Catzilla? Perhaps related to Dave Eaton's piano ;-) -Shiri (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Silver Metroliner Pics

(...) Ahh! You have shown the way to those of us who will never have an original Metroliner! You have redeemed the silver macaroni! EO (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Silver Metroliner Pics

(...) Sandy got in the way (as cats always do) while I was trying to take the pictures :) KL (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Silver Metroliner Pics

(...) Cool metroliner... Cute cat... :-) -Shiri (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Silver Metroliner Pics

I just put up some pics of a silver metroliner coach of similar design to the corrougated gray ones: (URL) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NGLTC wins over local NMRA assocation!

(...) <snip> (...) If you need inspiration, go check out the Mall of Georgia. The food court is actually modeled (to scale, I think) after the interior of the old Union Station. - Greg (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) commitmenttowards (...) I think the site you're talking about is Eric Brok's site. Click on 'Displays by Lego', then on 'Wild West': (URL) tend to agree with your reasoning, BTW! HTH, -Shiri (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) Damien, I agree with you on most of your points. I am currently working on a western themed set up in which I am mixing elements from adventurer, ninja, and pirate sets that I own. It is a coastal fort with a near by town. When ever I get a (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: UK Reddifest Train Layout

"Larry Pieniazek" <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message news:FrJE10.92G@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) In the Netherlands practically every station has the layout 'platform'-'track to east' - 'track to west'-'platform' (replace east and west by north (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NGLTC wins over local NMRA assocation!

(...) Thanks again James for allowing me to show my BigBoy Loco at the Pedimont Train Show. I look forward to seeing the pictures posted on NGLTC's site. I should have it completed in a couple of weeks. (waiting on some pieces to come in) Please (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: UK Reddifest Train Layout

(...) The brits did all kinds of things...islands, and ones on both sides. "my" station in OO had 2 platforms, one for each track (Long Marton, S&C). A lot of the terminuses had 2 tracks side by side, then platform, so only one side of the train (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: UK Reddifest Train Layout

(...) That large station rocks! The paired station tracks with the large platforms are neato. The platforms may be a bit wide, but using the large pieces is the only way to go, the mind boggles at the number of gray plates and bricks that would be (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) I saw a picture on a site of a brilliant western display made by TLG, with a western train, that looks just perfect (the engine does anyway). It would probobly sell like hotcakes with train fals, who want better trains and also with WW fans, (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Battery train sets

The really old ie blue track 4.5V used the old battery box, with the lever on top, rather than on the lower side. Train sets number 116, 120 and 127 (is the same as 116) use the battery box I believe you are refering to. The design for the coal (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact