 Trains / 4868
Re: Silver Metroliner Pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 06:59:15 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mike Poindexter writes:
Oh please!  That thing takes 40 silver 2x4 bricks per side!  If you can't get
a Metroliner off of ebay, try to get 80 silver bricks.  And that is also a lot
of silver tubes- 40 elbows per side and 40 straights in the middle.  Of
course, there are no elbows on the back side.  That design cannot be made
symetrical unless the car is 8 wide.  Even then, the door between cars will be
blocked off.  It would work better if they had silver 2x2 bricks.  (Even
better if they had silver bricks in all sizes.)

The only reason there are no tubes on the other side is because I ran out:)
6 wide is exactly the right size for 2 curved and one straight tube (use
a 2 axle to connect the bottom of the straight tube to the other corner tube.
The other side is not done yet (it's black temporarally) but I would
move the doors tward the center 2 studs each to allow for the ends to
work without the need for 2x2 bricks.

Still, that is absolutely awesome looking.  I _LOVE_ the doors!  I think they
look a lot better than the regular train doors and I will be stealing that
idea and using it quite a bit.  Although it isn't practical and impossible to
implement, it is inspiring - sort of like Miniland.

Mike Poindexter

It *is* possible to implement!  Definately not practical though.

KL