 Trains / *30960 (-20)
  Re: ULUG Train Show

(...) I just joined the yahoo group and downloaded and installed TrackDraw. I like it, they are both great. TrackDraw does seem to be superior with tables, etc. Thanks for all the advice. We have another show coming up next weekend, so hopefully, I (...) (18 years ago, 1-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  NELUG to Disaply at GTE in Hartford, CT

(URL) NELUG> will be displaying at the (URL) Great Train Expo> in Hartford, CT this weekend. This layout will be a smaller than our usual layout, but will still provide plenty of fun for the show. Please feel free to drop by and introduce yourself (...) (18 years ago, 1-Feb-07, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.ri, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: PSLTC Suburban House Standard

--snip-- (...) That's a really pretty tree in that yard. Is the angling done by clipping the foliage segments together via the flower sprues? Tim (18 years ago, 1-Feb-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains.org)

  PSLTC Suburban House Standard

PSLTC has developed a suburban house standard, which is presented below. Jeff Pelletier did most of the thinking and work. The primary constraints and goals of the standard are: 1) PSLTC typically uses roadplates with 7 x 2/3 sidewalks built up (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

Mike & All, (...) Indeed. As a matter of fact, when I last tried Trackdraw, I could not get it to work (IT restrictions, etc. 2+ jobs ago?) but I saw that I have Net on my computer here, and just got it running. I will have to play around with it (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

Brian & All, (...) I have used it for many moons, and I still enjoy it. It is a great program for what it can do. (...) No problem at all, I am glad I can share my experiences. : ) Scott -- (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Dirty Brickster Is Returning To BrickFest™ PDX 2007!

(URL) BrickFest™ PDX 2007 is coming! Where: Portland, Oregon, USA When: March 30th - April 1st 2007 Public Hours: April 1st 2007, 10am – 4pm (URL) Dirty Brickster Is Returning To BrickFest™ PDX 2007!! “Dir-ty Brick-ster!....Dir-ty (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX) !!

  Re: ULUG Train Show

"Cedar Sith" <cedarlug@bresnan.net> wrote in message news:JCr1zD.GCx@lugnet.com... (...) I prefer TrackDraw over TrackDesigner for the single reason that you can whip out new parts really quickly if you need it. Mike (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

(...) Scott, Great suggestion. I downloaded Track Designer and in about 15 minutes had recreated the last show. What a great program. Thanks for the advice and direction. (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

Brian & All, (...) Indeed. At MichLUG's first show at GATS in January of 2001, (URL) did pretty much the same thing - a lot of people brought stuff, and we basically filled in places as we went along. I am not sure if we had an actual layout in mind (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Re: Train list for 2006 - curator's request your eyes

(...) <snip> I didn't see this post the first time through--wow!! The list of train MOCs was fantastic in '06. I feel privileged to have my little (not really working) Big Blue pneumatic train in the list! Thanks! Dave K (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

In lugnet.trains, Jordan Schwarz wrote: SNIP (...) Great. Looking forward to it. FYI, this site (if you aren't already familiare with it) has some great side drawings you can use to compare and contrast the F7 with the FL9 in regard to placements of (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ULUG Train Show

(...) Scott, Thanks for all the positive feedback. Getting started is very difficult. I was surprised at how challenging it is to design a lay-out at the show and then fill in the space with buildings, etc. Question to all Train Clubs. How do you (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Duplo Intelli-trains site

A guy called Jeremy on the Trackdraw Yahoo group linked to his Duplo Intelli-train site which I thought was pretty interesting, especially the hacking page (URL) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: The Chief is Back-- Kind of...

(...) James, As always, some great looking models with superb attention to detail (and amazing use of SNOT). All the more remarkable considering that you designed these using just the LEGO Factory parts assortment! These models fit the bill for (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

(...) Thanks to all for your compliments and suggestions! Let me see if I can respond to each of the points mentioned: 1) Interiors: Mine are fairly austere as well. With Factory MOCs being as expensive as they are to order, I usually leave out some (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:JCn3wA.5Cu@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) I built a Metroliner themed version of 10020 years ago. Here is a picture of it running on the NCLTC layout at GATS in 2003. I built the (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  A Little Fun

Just seeing how much "mileage" I can get out of a simple model. ;o) Super-duper mini balloon tires, for the frugally-minded: (URL) Oops: (URL) Okay, you amazing train-buildy-people, I don't think I've seen an engine quite like this one out of (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

In lugnet.trains, Jordan Schwarz wrote: SNIP (...) SNIP (...) Jordan, These are really cool. More fantastic additions to an already impressive Factory gallery. A couple suggestions on the already cool FL9. 1. Have you considered moving the powered (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

I think both of you guys did a fantastic job. Though I am more inclined towards Jordan's observation car dome design since it has those grey pieces making it appear like it has support ribs just like the real ones. A few comments: Jordan, make the (...) (18 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact