 Trains / *30915 (-20)
  New GPLR Member : Allen Smith

Good Morning- The Greater Portland LEGO® Railroaders (GPLR) warmly weclomes (URL) Mr. Allen Smith> as its newest club member as of January 15, 2007. Welcome Allen - Play Well! (URL) Greater Portland LEGO Railroaders> (URL) GPLR is: Steve Barile, (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.id, FTX)

  Re: Tatra T-3 Moscow Tram

(...) Somebody go over to Tim's house and check his basement for pods. JOHN (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Tatra T-3 Moscow Tram

(...) I do own some of them. Of course it was designed in CAD first ;) (...) The compression is to stop it overhanging on curves too much but perhaps a little overdone. It's for a planned diorama so I might see how it all fits together and adjust it (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Tatra T-3 Moscow Tram

(...) More real bricks!! :o) I just love the front and rear end. You've really gotten the rounded look in there quite nicely. Is there a reason for the compression in length? I am wondering how it would look with the doorways in 4 wide rather than (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Tatra T-3 Moscow Tram

"Tim Gould" <tgould.lego(AT@)gma...(DOT.)com> wrote in message news:JCFLK1.DD6@lugnet.com... (...) Mmmmmm, ornj. Looks great. Also reminds me of a VW bus though. :P crazy man! -Rob www.brickmodder.net (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) Thomas- Even for 10 weeks, we just clean the track once at the start of the run. Taking the track from dull brown to bright metal makes a difference. -Ted (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Tatra T-3 Moscow Tram

(2 URLs) BS> (URL) Flickr> My version of a (URL) Tatra T-3> tram from Moscow. This one has gone through numerous iterations to finally get it to look satisfactory. Apologies for the one blue window but I figured it was a replacement after some (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.ru, FTX) !

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) Any recommendations on how or how often to clean the track? PSLTC has one of the Centerline L-Gauge track cleaners and tries to remember to run it periodically, but there exists doubt about it efficacy since it seems to clean the top of the (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote: Great model! Thanks for the ongoing plethora of inspiring images. (...) The face on mine took a long time too and I still want to redo parts of it. It's fascinating how divergent the "Lego interpretation" of a (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Strange rails - found the answer

Hello again Today I found the answer to the question of these strange colors for otherwise very common parts. All of you stating that these parts must be some kind of test mould were right! As I mentioned in my first post, I bought these parts (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Integrated tram curves

(...) Hi Pete, Right now it's just a proof of concept really but at some point I intend to use it in an integrated road/rail/footpath scene. Using a mix of studs up and snot road elements could improve things drastically. Tim (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Integrated tram curves

(...) That's the shizzle, right there. You're onto something here, mate. I think you should integrate it into a larger display. Have you thought about where you'd be putting pavements? Lovely. Pete (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

(...) And... fixed. Tim PS. Sorry for spamming the forums. Silly me should have changed and then posted rather than the other way around. (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Integrated tram curves

Hi everyone, I've been playing around with trams a lot lately as you may have noticed. I decided I needed some integrated track/road units... but curved. Anyway, after playing around with real bricks I came up with this system. (2 URLs) MPD> In my (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

(...) Hi Bob, Thanks. I just noticed a mistake after building something else today caused because my train motor ldraw part is a little wrong. It's a fairly minor change but it's safest to wait for the MPD to be changed before starting. Tim (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

(...) Tim, Very nice. I will try to build one. Thanks for sharing. Bob (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

--snip-- (...) As always :) Tim (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

(...) I hope she can. I'm also waiting for a former native to get back to me about it. (...) Thank you. (...) Whoops. I really messed it up. Fixed and thanks. Tim (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote: <intermittent snippiages> (...) Bingo. (...) It's all about you, isn't it, Tim? :-) JOHN (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

(...) Excellent. I love the colors. My friend was in Istanbul over the holidays. I am going to forward this link to her to see if she recognizes it. As always, very inspiring. Jonathan PS: the .trains sidebar link for this appears to be mis-directed (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact