 Trains / *30580 (-20)
  Re: More red train doors

Just got an email from the seller. They are all from the 7905 City Crane. -- Bryan "Jordan Schwarz" <jbschwarz@ThisIsRea...gmail.com> wrote in message news:J9rCFC.Lr6@lugnet.com... (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Comments about James Mathis' Factory Sets

(...) Hey, Sorry that it took this long to answer. Here is my personal opinion about Factory concept and three James Mathis’ sets I bought from Lego Factory. These comments are free to use and fill. First about Factory Set Concept ---...--- I think (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Lego factory sets / building instructions

(...) Thanks for advice. I had an old 486, Windows 98 SE and a tight internet security program. I couldn’t load set to LDD program and make instructions. Luckily I found James’ LDR/MPD-files from Brickshelf and made instruction by MLCAD. VILLE (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First MOC after quite a while of frustration...

(...) I'm pretty sure that Chris M. is no stranger to the use of rotary tools. Seems like a common affliction here in the Northeast. Of course, none of us can "hold a candle" to the exploits of Tom Duggan! (There's a very good reason why he builds (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: First MOC after quite a while of frustration...

(...) Ladies and gentlemen, you have been reading Chris Masi, rationalizing from the edge of The Slippery Slope™. Watch now as he slides into the Pit and meets the Dremel Himself-- Rob Hendrix! :-) JOHN (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: First MOC after quite a while of frustration...

(...) Now, I don't know about flex tubing, but I _know_ that cutting pneumatic tubing is required for at least one LEGO set ((URL) In fact, I still have a 37 cm long piece of black tubing that I didn't cut. Therefore, cutting pneumatic tubing is (...) (18 years ago, 3-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More red train doors

(...) The right-only could be a tip-off that they're from parted-out tower crane sets. Does the same seller have a whole bunch of yellow vertical-girder pieces available also? Well, I answered my own question by looking at BrickLink. No, he doesn't (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

  LDD Train Station MOC

Over the weekend, I designed a LEGO train station somewhat evocative of grand European stations using LEGO Digital Designer. The station has a rounded glass canopy and is large enough for a fairly tall (~12 bricks high) train to clear. The interior (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX) !

  More red train doors

Are red train doors appearing in German Pick-a-Brick assortments? This seller has 96 new red train doors, right only. (URL) Bryan (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: TCLTC Layouts Rendered in Sketch-up

(...) This is definitely cool. It's a much clearer way to see the table layout than you can easily get from viewing a photo. I like the way the banners around the table look slightly rippled. Was that intentional, or is it just from using a photo of (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Cow Catcher Dilemna

Hey Folks, I've not really been happy with this cow catcher design I've been using, so I played around with a second one, but I'm not really happy with it either. (URL) must apologize for the dark picture, I've not had time to set up my lights. (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: TCLTC Layouts Rendered in Sketch-up

(...) That's very cool. I can't wait to see the finished product with the buildings. I've used CAD programs before to study the relationships between buildings on the (MichLTC) layout from various perspectives. Nothing as graphically fancy as what (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  TCLTC Layouts Rendered in Sketch-up

I'm not sure how or why, but one day Ross started fiddling around with (URL) SketchUp> and suddenly he's rendering all of the iterations of the TLCTC layout. Apparently you can stretch pics across the 3D blank spaces, and you can get some cool (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  New TCLTC Web Site: LUGNET!

The new home of the TCLTC is....LUGNET! That's right; we've pointed our (URL) www.tcltc.org> domain to (URL) our LUGNET NG page> and are using it for our web site. I have seen other LTCs simply provide a link on their NG page to their web site (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX) !!

  Live steam Lego locomotive

Hi, Pictures and movie here: (URL) is my latest (and most successful) attempt at building such a thing. This particular model runs on Gauge 1 track but could be regauged to run on Lego track by switching to an outside frame structure. It uses 8 (...) (18 years ago, 3-Dec-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: First MOC after quite a while of frustration...

(...) Thanks for commenting, Anthony! Within the German community there are a lot of purists, who are strictly against ANY modification of LEGO parts. No spraying, no glueing, no filing, no drilling bores and no use of scalpels. Some are even (...) (18 years ago, 3-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First MOC after quite a while of frustration...

(...) Ben, I just recreated your smokestack design and it is fantastic! It's absolutely perfect, and looks so great on my locomotive! Thank you so much! --Anthony (18 years ago, 3-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LIFE Story on model Railroading includes LEGO pic

(...) Cool. Thanks for the heads up. I don't normally read the 'Life' insert and had to pull it (with the rest of the paper) out of the recyling bin. That's a keeper. Thanks again. -Mike Petrucelli (18 years ago, 2-Dec-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX)

  Re: Check Out the Upcoming issue of LIFE Magazine

(...) Hello, James- I started another thread about this (URL) (to include the NG .mediawatch). Schleim on! JOHN (18 years ago, 2-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Check Out the Upcoming issue of LIFE Magazine

(...) My dad got called me this morning. In today's (Friday, Dec. 1, 2006) Kansas City Star newspaper there is a LIFE magazine insert which feature an article about the NMRA LEGO Train Club show. Ross' name is given. I don't know all the details, (...) (18 years ago, 1-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact