 Trains / 28198
28197  |  28199
Subject:
Cow Catcher Dilemna
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 06:50:45 GMT

Hey Folks,

I've not really been happy with this cow catcher design I've been using, so I
played around with a second one, but I'm not really happy with it either.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75766019@N00/313708200/

I must apologize for the dark picture, I've not had time to set up my lights.
Click the small "All Sizes" link above the picture to see a bigger version.

The design on the left more closely resembles the Polar Express locomotive's cow
catcher from the movie, which was very pointed, but my design is curved in the
middle and lacks a center beam.  Here are some pics from the movie:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/polar_express/gallery.php?page=34&size=hires&nopop=1
http://polarexpressmovie.warnerbros.com/images/media/photos/photo13.html

The design on the right more closely resembles the Pere Marquette 1225 Berkshire
locomotive's cow catcher, but it is not pointed like it should be.  Here are
some pics of the real locomotive:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrylsphotoblog/70046280/in/set-1557643/
http://www.glancytrains.com/php-cgi/gallery/album26/aaa

I'd really appreciate any feedback you're willing to give.

--Anthony

P.S. This movie may not be the greatest in showing the Pere Marquette 1225
(cause it's running backwards) but the sounds are amazing!
http://www.glancytrains.com/php-cgi/gallery/album26/aan