 Trains / *29565 (-20)
  Re: 9v Update (ILTCO's involvment)

* “Could you please explain why ILTCO is the normal channel for such issues?“ - Didier Enjary ILTCO is operated under a democratic process. All 33 member clubs are equally represented and receive communications at the exactly the same time thru the (...) (18 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v Update (ILTCO's involvment)

(...) "normal" ? Could you please explain why ILTCO is the normal channel for such issues ? (...) and it's nice to see you back. Welcome back Steve. (...) There is a misunderstanding and I think you can easily clarify this. Do you think Eric has (...) (18 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  rebeco

hi i finished this moc two months ago but i had some problems to post messages to lugnet. It is called "Rebeco", which means "REBocador E COmutador". Those are portuguese words for the main functions it has. It is very compact, has a size not much (...) (18 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Crosstrack 9v Question

(...) Thanks to you and Jeff for your responses. FYI, my son, who is 9, loves the Lego trains. He's adding the second oval to his set. He has some bionicle and star wars, but by far he spends the most time with his trains because he can envision and (...) (18 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  AFOL Named Sheldon?

Hi All- I'm trying to locate a gentleman who lives in the Portland, Oregon area named Sheldon who joined us for the NW TrainFest 2006 two weekends ago (03.25.06). Unfortunately I was not able to get his last name, or contact information during the (...) (18 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.trains, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.or, FTX)

  Re: 10027 is now sold in blay.... :-(

(...) I don't know if it will be of interest to anyone, but I received my order from Shop @ Home yesterday and I can confirm that #4531 Switching Rails are indeed OLD dark grey. --Anthony (18 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) Hey, I have $0.02 here is my take. (...) I’m with you here. In 2002 I went to my first Brickfest. At that point I had just about no bricks and no Lego room. After that I started with castle but still did not have much in the way of bricks or a (...) (18 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) The MILLION dollar question is... Is there a 3rd Party Vendor even interested in making the 9V parts? TLC could offer the license (I doubt they will) but if there is no party interetsed then it is pointless. (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message news:Ix7JrH.Ar0@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] Not quite true. While we are under NDA and had been discussing this topic, we were not allowed to discuss it. It (...) (18 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) Dear Rafe, thanks for your story here. It was more worth than just 2 cent for me! I only hope some people at LEGO see, that metal track trains attract lots of people and that these often enough end with a 100.000 ++ collection of bricks. And (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: One good message (kind of) from LEGO at last... (April Fool's Day)

(...) Ben, Your year 2000 April Fools prank will always be my favourite. I loved those "sets". Play well. Tim Strutt (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) Without actually having seen the numbers in regards to the company's sales and manufacturering costs, I'm not sure any of us can say definately that that's the reality. We can speculate a lot, but without some hard numbers, I don't think we (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) Here's a reality check. The way LEGO makes train track is realy just wrong. It's way more expensive than it needs to be. Result - LEGO really can't afford to keep producing the existing 9v track and hope to remain profitable. The way I see it, (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v Train status report.

(...) Hrrmpph. If its like their other factories, it will be useless and overpriced. But if they allow fan designed sets by contest(like the micro stuff) and make the price point decent($40.00 for an engine, $25.00 for a large bit of rolling stock, (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) Ok, I'll add my $0.02 to the pile. Summary: Lego trains are the reason there are now 100,000 Lego bricks in my Lego room upstairs. Details: When I was a little kid in Wisconsin in the 1970s, we had HO trains in the basement (didn't (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v Update (ILTCO's involvment)

No slight taken as I mentioned it was purely an internal LEGO thing, lack of proper passing of the torch. Hopefully we can all keep the 9v train line alive. SteveB (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v Update (ILTCO's involvment)

(...) Steve, For what its worth the Ambassadors were not trying to step on any toes. A question was possed and someone specifically asked for the Ambassadors help here on LUGNET. I took that call for help and used my resources to get permission to (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9v Update (ILTCO's involvment)

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote: <snipped a lot of info> Steve, You should put something about this on the front page of the ILTCO site that is in plain view, even if you link to another page with more details. It is great that you want ILTCO (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) I'm not sure it's safe to assume that LEGO would be the lowest cost provider of 9v items. What if they licensed it to another entity to reduce overhead, marketing and production costs? I agree with your main point, however, that private party (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  9v Update (ILTCO's involvment)

Hi All, As you know there haws been a change in ILTCO's contact person at LEGO and unfortunately the "9v Announcement" was made via the Ambassadors list rather than the normal ILTCO channel. Moving forward we hope that this issue has been fixed. (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact