 Trains / 27216
27215  |  27217
Subject:
rebeco
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 21:18:49 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

hi

i finished this moc two months ago but i had some problems to post messages to
lugnet.

It is called "Rebeco", which means "REBocador E COmutador". Those are portuguese
words for the main functions it has. It is very compact, has a size not much
larger than the Super-Chief.

It has the following funcionalities:

1) Can move autonomously in Lego train lines. The locomotive's motor is
controlled by the RCX.

2) Can unleash the rail cars it is transporting. To do so, it uses devices
located in the front and the back.
See this movie:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/danielpc/Rebeco/empurrador_tras.mov

3) Can change the rail switches to the desired direction. This works both in the
left and in the right side.
See this other movie:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/danielpc/Rebeco/comuta_curva.mov

Using this locomotive, someone can control an entire layout using the Mindstorms
remote control, without having to motorize the switchs, he can move wagons from
one place to the other etc.

You can see picures here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/danielpc/Rebeco

and more information (including building instructions) in my lego-site:
http://ledanigo.no.sapo.pt/moques/rebeco/index-en.html
(most of the information is in portuguese)

i hope you like it

daniel