 Trains / *25285 (-10)
  Getting Started with LEGO Trains book at BrickFest

I'm planning on bringing some of my (URL) LEGO Trains books> to BrickFest to sell during the public showing. At BrickFest PDX, several AFOLs bought books before the event, and I delivered in person. If you are interested in doing that this time (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.books, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) PWM systems can overcome part of the problem of slow speeds, using 2 motors does the rest. However the price of points, the fact that they can only be automated at high costs/effort and the fact that LEGO couplers aren't easy to automate (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) Not having a good uncoupler out of the box is, I think, more of a deterrent than the electric contact part but that's certainly a factor too. But people DO create switching layouts... Rick Clark exhibited a timesaver (famous switching problem (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

A dogbone is good for giving an impression of a double track main line, especially if you hide the loops at each end to a certain extent. However what I was really wondering was whether the characteristic of Lego train components effectivly (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB wheels sales

(...) Ben, thanks for the great work. Arrgg, and I just made an order. But I need the parts. I'm working on a 6 stud Hogwarts, 4-6-0 and had 4 red and 4 black in my inventory. I have the first 4 drive wheels stationary, and have no problems with the (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) The first time my family visited San Diego, my brother got my parents to take us to a local model train museum (first place I ever found peanut butter M&Ms), and they used this to great effect. They had a large table, about 20'x20', that was (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) Ya, me too. I have been doing it for 30+ years (started with HO) and see no reason to stop now. Just make sure your hair is clear from getting caught! I first learned about folded dogbones from writings of the great John Armstrong (of Atlas (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

I too am of the kind that likes to get a minifig's-eye-view of the action. As to continuous loops, my layout is currently not large enough to have worthwhile line that doesn't loop. So, in order to keep the trains running for a worthwhile amount of (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@...areDOTcom> wrote in message (...) trains (...) view as (...) Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who likes to put his face right down next to the track. I like to get as close as possible so I can feel the (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) This is a common question in the general model railroading hobby. Conventional wisdom is that unless you really like switching (or shunting if you speak UK english) a continuous track plan is the way to go except for the very largest layouts (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact