 Trains / *24925 (-20)
  Re: NGLTC club house at Discover Mills Mall this summer

(...) Great idea. MichLUG/LTC pursued this leading up to christmas 2002 with no good result. Something we did that might help (even if it didn't help us) was that we prepared a "briefing book" or portfolio of past shows, which showed what we could (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Re: MOC - Toronto Transit Commission - Ride the Rocket

(...) I've seen other people take a crack at it (in fact my own MTW-3001 is vaguely similar to a PCC) but you've nailed it in less space than most seem to take. Streetcar modelers need to go take a look, lots of great ideas in it! My only quibble is (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

(...) Having short cars was one of the main ideas in the beginning, yeah. (...) You might just have a good point there. It would be nice to raise the race-track but then we have to worry about running into monorail. (URL) [ j o n ] (URL) zemi.net> (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NGLTC club house at Discover Mills Mall this summer

(...) Congrats!!! and yes, I'll join the long line of jealous people.... We have on numerous occasions discussed it in our club (COLTC), we just may have to act!! Do you think the mall management would be willing to write a letter that states the (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Re: NGLTC club house at Discover Mills Mall this summer

(...) Can you say Jealous? Congratulations, sounds like a wonderful opportunity. If MichLUG wasn't so spread out, I'd really be looking for a way to make this happen here. Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga, FTX)

  Re: NGLTC club house at Discover Mills Mall this summer

(...) What are you begging for? :-) SERIOUSLY, congratulations. I hope I can see it this year! (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  NGLTC club house at Discover Mills Mall this summer

Once again the North Georgia LEGO Train club (NGLTC) will have a summer “club house” at the Discover Mills Outlet Mall in Gwinnett county Georgia. Like last year we will be occupying an empty store in the mall and filling it with our LEGO train (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: COLTC to display at Dennison, Ohio's TrainFest from July 30 - August 1, 2004

(...) We dug up some more info about this show, and want to announce an opportunity for fellow Lugnetters to possibly join displaying!! The event is going to be huge!! It is branded the "largest celebration of railroading in 2004". Having spoken (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.town)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

(...) No official Moonbase standard should ever hinge upon customized pieces. If someone wants to make them for their own personal collection and use them to tweak the track layout for some reason, that's one thing, but requiring that people start (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A 'small' video of my home layout

(...) Nice first post :) I'm thinking that I'm going to paint my walls a sky blue, or maybe even bley ;), instead of that awful colour that the walls are now. As well, I'm trying to add landscaping. THat's the fun part. Thanks for the post! Take (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A 'small' video of my home layout

Great Idea, Like to see more of these. Maybe one day ill get my own layout... Stuart Stanley (This is my first post!!) "David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:HxI6L0.84@lugnet.com... (...) pushed (...) little (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Shay Chassis (Uni Joint Mods for Trains)

(...) Shay (...) that a (...) 43362 (...) I'd like to see a mod (still trying to come up with it myself too), to eliminate the need for the train motor altogether. That would work great one your Shay. I wonder if we can get someone to manufacture (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

(...) Thanks for the info! Being a spacer/castler, I've not had the pleasure of dealing with track geometry yet. (...) My original proposition was to forget the track meeting at ends of the baseplate, but to have an overlay of 4 studs on each side (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  COLTC to display at Dennison, Ohio's TrainFest from July 30 - August 1, 2004

COLTC will have a 30 x 30 foot layout at the Dennison, Ohio Train Festival from July 30 - August 1, 2004. We are still working out the details of the layout, but we have been asked by the TranFest event co-ordinator to bring along Paul Janssen's 4+ (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.oh) !!

  Re: Shay Chassis (Uni Joint Mods for Trains)

(...) Sorry no digital camera, but I'm thinking of devoting a brickshelf folder to mods eventually. I'll take film pictures when it all works and get the CD too. I had it working at a pulley ratio of 1:4 last night - about realistic Shay speed at 9V (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

(...) Sadly, a double reverse curve will move the track centre 6.0896 studs over, and be 30.6146 studs long - not quite the solution you're looking for :-) (I've spent ages calculating track geometry and I'm not the only one!) Practically, you'd (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

(...) I haven't tested this to see if it will actually work, but shortly after I made the proposal to you, I thought of a compromise. Ok, if you take a curve piece and then put another curve piece opposing so that both sides outside of the curve (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

(...) Yep. A train consisting of undecorated boxes of 6x12 studs max would be a most exciting design, wouldn't it? (...) Well, taking the basic track parameters into account, there will propably be only one solution: It's either train track or race (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  A 'small' video of my home layout

A freind brought his video caera over and we did the 'video camera being pushed around the layout' thing... See it here-- (URL) you can, please download the video and view it from your local HD--my little webserver might have issues with many (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

(...) The second I hit send on my second message in this thread, yours showed up in the newsticker. Nice timing. I've considered the train car length and see what you mean. The first idea was just to keep the cars short, but I do see how that is (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact