 Technic / 12621
Re: Shay Chassis (Uni Joint Mods for Trains)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 20:04:46 GMT

I had it working at a pulley ratio of 1:4 last night - about realistic • Shay
speed at 9V with the 12:20 bevel ratio.  I'll have to synchronise it so • that a
9V train motor on 1st notch moves the same speed as the Shay at the same
voltage.  That probably means gearing up the Shay to motor speed for a • 43362
motor.

I'd like to see a mod (still trying to come up with it myself too), to
eliminate the need for the train motor altogether.  That would work great
one your Shay.  I wonder if we can get someone to manufacture metal wheels
the same size as train wheels with a technic axle hole in the middle?  Let's
start a new thread and see where it goes!

-Rob