 Trains / *23625 (-20)
  Re: DCC chip installed in accessory brick

In lugnet.trains, Chris Phillips wrote: <snip> (...) Hey Chris, THere was a post a while back in which someone showed how to take the metal tabs out of the 2x8 brick---by taking a small drill and taking off the plastic holders. I did that for my (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC chip installed in accessory brick

(...) I'm glad to hear that this worked so well! When I first got into DCC I bought an HO decoder that ended up being just a little bit too big to cram inside a LEGO train motor, and I've been meaning to do this ever since. I was thinking of using (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  DCC chip installed in accessory brick

(URL) took an HO chip and attached it to a 2x8 electric plate. After an absolute brutal hatchet and soldering job, I started anew and actually made a reasonable job of it. Separated the 2x8 into 4 2x2 electric segments 1 input 1 variable speed (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A couple of new train things

(...) (URL) Light Blue Steamer Hi Teunis, those are nice creations! I count a width of 7 studs for the steamer, is that right? 7 is my lucky number.... ;-) (...) (URL) I have googeled it myself just a minute ago. I will try to update the FGLTC-site (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Michiana-LUG @ GATS Fort Wayne

Michiana-LUG's first GATS appearance was a great success and a lot of fun. Report to follow. Here are some pics... (5 URLs) GATS Fort Wayne 2003> Amy (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug, FTX) !!

  Re: A couple of new train things

(...) Many thanks, Ross . For posting these pictures of my new trains. A,Amtrak F40PH and A grown up Thomas in Meduim blue (4,6,2). I would have liked to seen your Yellow 10 wide train crane there aswell. A Question to the FGLTC . How do I find the (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC 36 Axle Schnabel Car

(...) Congrats on your accomplishment. It is very rare that you find someone willing to take on such a project. I have to say that it is very impressive in length but I think it needs the little things like slopes to smooth out the lines of the (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC 36 Axle Schnabel Car

Bruce, that has to be the largest piece of rolling stock ever built from The Brick. As always, the red enhances the massive look of this monster. It's sure to overwhelm anything else on LEGO® rails out there. -HRH- (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  A couple of new train things

Here's pics of a couple of new MOCs from Teunis Davey: (6 URLs) Updated Engine Shed and House F40PH Light Blue Steamer Pics aren't great but I hope you enjoy them anyway! ROSCO (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  I need HELP!

(no not that kind of help) Hey all, I am currently planning a Lego train show in Winfield Illinois for dec.6-7th (see flyer: (URL)) and I have a problem. I have a 35ft x 35ft room to fill and no clue as to what to put in it. I had a layout for the (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.space)

  Re: DCC and other electrical tinkering in the Lego Train World

(...) Hi David My track layout is very much "work-in-progress" but I decided right early on that in my situation, which is an eclosed space, it was best to have the operator (i.e. me) in the middle with the trains running around the outside. So I (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Winter Details

Hi All, Although I wasn't there, I had a great time scanning through some pictures of NELUG's holiday-scene display (which took place last night): (URL) cross-posted this to .town and .trains because there are some fantastic details in there worthy (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains, DCC, and pbForth

In lugnet.trains, David Koudys wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> This weekend was exceptionally busy, but I had time to play with the layout. Took my laptop downstairs, set it up with the IR tower, and loaded up Full Throttle. Wow! Pretty nifty piece of (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, FTX)

  Re: DCC and other electrical tinkering in the Lego Train World

In lugnet.trains, John Hill wrote: <snip> (...) Hey John, I was wondering if you have a diagram, maybe a TD design, of your current layout? For myself, I'm trying to get some sort of setup in my basement but I just don't seem to like the track (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Old ugly train track

Wow, that new gray looks GREAT! I cannot believe I ever bought railroad track with those old ugly dark gray ties. There is no way I am going to buy the current stock of LEGO train track to help LEGO get rid of their old ugly track. Maybe if they put (...) (21 years ago, 23-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: First Third Party product for the LEGO(r) Trains market?

I know I'm late in posting a reply to this, but I just had to speak out. First of all, I'm pleased that the 'mainstream' modelling companies/organizations are taking notice of the potential for L-gauge trains (figures they would, since Lego layouts (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC 36 Axle Schnabel Car

Congrats on the build Bruce. Can't wait to see some post-moderated photos. You should really post deep links for pre-mod works... Rob "Bruce S. Chamberlain" <sten@woz.org> wrote in message news:HouD0n.5HA@lugnet.com... (...) My (...) would (...) it (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  MOC 36 Axle Schnabel Car

This is the first MOC I have posted. I have built a 36 Axle Schnabel Car. My main goal was to build the longest train car, modeled on a real one, that would go around a lego curve. From the pictures here (URL) have succeeded. However, if I make the (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Modular tables - need info

(...) I did? Hm... I thought your tables upstairs were not to the modular spec. Oh ya, I do remember seeing some in your garage though, but they were vertical. I think I like that you have a rounded corner module a lot. It's a neat touch that I'm (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: OK whats going on here then?

(...) I saw that too, independently... thought it was odd. I thought maybe he spray painted some track for dramatic effect. (seems a waste to me!) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact