 Trains / 21682
Re: DCC and other electrical tinkering in the Lego Train World
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:37:58 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Hill wrote:

snip

   My Lego layout is a never ending project in a 20x8 space (actually inside a shipping container).

I think Lego is great, I think Lego trains are especially great! But nothing is sacred and if I can make it work by drilling a little hole in it and attaching a bent paper clip I am even more happy!

Hey John,

I was wondering if you have a diagram, maybe a TD design, of your current layout? For myself, I’m trying to get some sort of setup in my basement but I just don’t seem to like the track layouts I I try, so am looking for inspiration from others.

THrowing it out there for anyone then, I guess, if anyone can throw suggestions my way--The room in my basement can accomodate 2 modules by 5 modules along one wall (5 feet by 12.5 feet), and can go along the other wall 2 modules by 4 modules (5 feet by 10 feet)--“L” shaped. I only have 11 modules built, but have the material to build more, so that’s not an issue.

See the current layout here:

Anyway, thanks for the great info!

Dave K