 Trains / *23445 (-20)
  Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

(...) Ya ya... my only question is what constitutes a "set". I see myself needing of these in black and dark grey and grey... I've had a chance to actually build more with these since I posted my 1830 model and I'm liking them more and more. I hope (...) (21 years ago, 10-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

(...) I was lucky enough to see these fantastic drivers in person last week when Ben made a visit to the GMLTC "clubhouse". I don't know how much design work Ben (Beneke) put into his design, but after having talked to Ben Fleskes about all of his (...) (21 years ago, 10-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Toronto Hobby Show Presentation Page 1

(URL) past weekend we were at the Toronto Hobby Show which took place at the International center in Toronto, Ontario. I took a variety pf pictures of the MOCs and sets that people brought in. A great time was had by all--visitors enjoyed the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  NGLTC building event at Scottish Rite Children's Hospital in Atlanta

This weekend North Georgia LEGO Train Club (NGLTC) held an ornament building session at Scottish Rite Children's Hospital in Atlanta. Here the patients and families were invited to come down and build ornaments that will be a part of the NGLTC tree (...) (21 years ago, 10-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org)

  1830 style loco

(...) Perhaps... Once moderated: (URL) deeplinks (crank through the numbers from 1078 through 1089) overall: (URL) rear view: (no tender) (URL) with tender: (URL) driver in all its glory: (URL) didn't bother with syncronizing gears but I could have) (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

Thanks for the news Steve, and kudos to Ben! Although I'm a Diesel man myself, I would use these driver wheels for a few electric locomotives I've always wanted to build (has anyone seen a Swedish Dm3 yet? They are awesome! (URL) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

(...) John, Just by curiosity, how are they doing on switches? have you been tested them in depth? speed? JM (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

(...) The appearance of a counterweight could easily be added by applying a suitably colored decal (or something like electrical tape) to the spokes. As mentioned in this (URL) message>, you can use a marker to touch up the edges if your decal is (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

(...) Adding the counterweight means taking out more material of the molds, so that should be possible although costly indeed... the recessed area for the 1*1 plate unfortunately is the opposite :( Hope to see some of these wheels "live" soon so to (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 48 x 48 baseplate + Train Track + Race Track

(...) You know they planned that. Blows my mind. I was thinking this track would be fun for Moonbases, but now I think it'll be really really fun for Moonbases. (URL) j o n (URL) zemi.net> (URL) moonbase> (URL) the shipyard> (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

(...) We were playing with some of the first run of wheels at our GMLTC meeting Thursday night. The spacing on where the Technic pin sits is just right - it sets in just far enough to allow whatever you connect to it to clear the outter lip of the (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: fixing broken links( Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:Ho1H66.Bx3@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) A steam engine perhaps? Mike (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  fixing broken links( Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

(...) There was a stray iltco.northcomp.com link buried in the middle of the main .trains sidebar As a note for future reference, these sorts of minor errors are best handled via email rather than via a string of posts in the newsgroup... thats what (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

"Jason J Railton" <j.j.railton@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:Ho1Do8.1ypw@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) On the ILTCO site or on LUGNET? Thanks, Mike (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

(...) True, those two detail ideas are closly connected with eachother. The wheel as proposed by Reinhard "Ben" Beneke needs the pinhole standing out to be able to clear the stud of an added 1x1 round plate, while the other wheel by Ben Fleskes (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

(...) I think it's enough so that, with the addition of the width of half the ridge around a pin, it'll stand clear. Fitting a round plate on the hub, if it clears the end of the axle, would just foul the connecting rod anyway. I think these are (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

(...) Can't speak for the other colors but I think the black matches VERY closely. I like the feel of the plastic too, and there's very little flash too. Sign of good tooling if you ask me! (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

(...) My guesses are that this tooling has been under development for some time, certainly well before Ben's analysis was posted... so these ideas were not known at the time of development. Redoing tooling at this point will add a lot of cost, I (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

"Jonathan Wilson" <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message news:Ho0K74.CrC@lugnet.com... (...) Ben's Driver Wheels are now posted as a ILTCO Sneak Peek! (URL) Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Train Club (URL) - (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 48 x 48 baseplate + Train Track + Race Track

(...) That someone was Kevin Loch and other participants at a meeting of the WamaLTC earlier this year. Abe Friedman's photograph of the result: (URL) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact