 Trains / *20230 (-20)
  Re: New train poll

(...) My point was that it would be a relatively simple exercise, as opposed to something a bit more complicated like designing functioning crossing lights for instance. Although again, if TLC's design team doesn't try and reinvent the wheel every (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: New train poll

Short reasoning behind my vote: 1. Steam engine wheels. I posted about this before. The 'My Train' and the HP train look ridiculous: top half steam train, bottom half diesel. Just look at 7750.... 2. 6-wheel train motor. Same story: to make more (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: New train poll

(...) Yea, they could also ask lionel to put a couple studs on the tops of their trains and call them LEGO... While I truly appreciate the various models folks come up with, I really don't want to see TLC put effort into things like more American (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: New train poll

(...) High on my list that isn't a choice would be another design for the wheels. It got to the point for us (my son and I) where we needed to make our own design. A TLC solution would be much more effective and so simple to do. With only a few (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: New train poll

(...) 1 steam engine wheels (a small number of parts would make a whole range of nice models much easier to build) 2 new structures (model railroads are more than just track and trains) 3 working signals etc. (accessories are always fun) 4 small (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: New train poll

You missed one... *Bring back the track connector that can be purchased separately! -Rob "Harvey Henkelman" <Ferroequus@webtv.net> wrote in message news:H6o8FB.FH7@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Train Track Gauge at Legoland California?

(...) [snip] (...) Correct, the trains are no longer fully compatible. I suppose Playmo still uses the gauge I, but they do no longer use LGB track, but cheap full plastic parts. The trains are nowadays RC-controlled and battery driven. May have (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  New train poll

My first too... (URL) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Train Track Gauge at Legoland California?

(...) the (...) I'm guessing here, but something like 2.5" gauge. However, your plan will not work. The trains are of a fixed length, with drawbars and metal underframes. Somewhere around here I have a photo of one of them...and the boxcar had been (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Track Gauge at Legoland California?

(...) Cool! I did not know that, Ben! Yes, gauge 1 track is utilized by Playmobil (was?) and LGB. The correct scale for gauge 1 (assuming standard gauge of 4' 8 1/2") is 1:32. LGB's scale is 1:22.5, so anytime LGB produces a US prototype that runs (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Track Gauge at Legoland California?

(...) the (...) out? (...) Hi John, maybe it is the same in California, but in LL Guenzburg there are two gauges. Interestingly the narrow gauge track is a standard LGB-track. Same as used by Playmobil as well. (URL) that Gauge I? The 'normal' gauge (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Truck (bogie) Design

(...) Black is easy to photograph. What's hard to photograph is high contrast. Putting something black on a white background is high contrast. Try photographing it against a dark background. The camera should adjust the contrast and it will turn out (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Train Track Gauge at Legoland California?

(...) Will do. Thanks, Jake! (...) lol:-) -John (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Track Gauge at Legoland California?

(...) John, if you email me a list of questions you would like answered, I will be happy to pass it on to the LL folks and hopefully can get some answers. Who knows maybe we can convince them to run some of your 16 wides during BW! :) Jake --- Jake (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Track Gauge at Legoland California?

Does anyone know (or bothered to measure) the distance between the rails of the Legoland California trains? Would anyone planning a trip to LLC in the near future be willing to hop the fence and measure? :-) If not, I will do so myself at BricksWest (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NGLTC Festival of Trees Setup is complete

(...) Festival of Trees in Boston. We will post pictures eventually I am sure. It's nice seeing the NELUG ornament :-). Eric K. (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: PCC (was Re: Success at Pleasanton GATS

(...) I agree about the omission of the motor sideframes-- that's a given. It's just that the MOC sits so high on the trucks, it makes for one interesting first step on or off the trolley;-) Avoiding that problem building 8 wide is hard enough, let (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PCC (was Re: Success at Pleasanton GATS

(...) Actually.... no, they don't need to be, Ensign Decker. Some are some aren't, and running the truck without any sideframe at all is not a bad approximation, actually. (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Keep those 4.5volt trains alive!

(...) Rayovac Renewal (tm) rechargable alkalines put out 1.5v. They are also cheaper and safer (for us and the environment) than NiCads. How about NiMH batteries, what voltage do they put out? -chris (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  NGLTC Festival of Trees Setup is complete

After two days of work the NGLTC has finished it setup of our tree for the Children's Healthcare of Georgia Festival of Trees in the Georgia World Congress Center in downtown Atlanta, Georgia. NGLTC members Lewis Valentine, Scott Lyttle and myself (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.loc.us.ga) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact