 Trains / 18612
Re: Train Track Gauge at Legoland California?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 19:48:31 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
Does anyone know (or bothered to measure) the distance between the rails of • the
Legoland California trains?

Would anyone planning a trip to LLC in the near future be willing to hop the
fence and measure? :-)  If not, I will do so myself at BricksWest 2003 and
report my findings!

What if someone built a 16 wide train car and sneaked it into the park and
secretly left it behind on one of the sidings?  Would they ever figure it • out?
Not that that's what I'm planning or anything, mind you! ;-)

-John

Hi John,

maybe it is the same in California, but in LL Guenzburg there are two gauges.
Interestingly the narrow gauge track is a standard LGB-track. Same as used by
Playmobil as well.
Is that Gauge I?

The 'normal' gauge loks like self-made. The trains on it are ca. 16...18 studs
wide (depending on prototypes) and the gauge seems to be ca. 10 studs wide,
but that is more a guess from the following pictures.

Regards,

Ben