 Trains / 18614
Re: Train Track Gauge at Legoland California?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 23:06:12 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
Does anyone know (or bothered to measure) the distance between the rails of • the
Legoland California trains?

Would anyone planning a trip to LLC in the near future be willing to hop the
fence and measure? :-)  If not, I will do so myself at BricksWest 2003 and
report my findings!

What if someone built a 16 wide train car and sneaked it into the park and
secretly left it behind on one of the sidings?  Would they ever figure it out?
Not that that's what I'm planning or anything, mind you! ;-)

-John

I'm guessing here, but something like 2.5" gauge.  However, your plan will not
work.  The trains are of a fixed length, with drawbars and metal underframes.
Somewhere around here I have a photo of one of them...and the boxcar had been
knocked off the frame by a overeager kid (I guess...I didn't take it off), and
thats how they are put together.

(BTW-if anyone from Ontario is interested- the track at Cullen Gardens is 5",
and the guy on the pump skooter/gandy dancer is my dad's creation...I'd
imagine it is for similar reasons why LLC uses the system it does, that of
reliablity)

James P