 Trains / *20190 (-20)
  SantaFe question

Is it true that from the SantaFe cars set I. and II. is possible build ONLY ONE of the cars and if I want own all five cars I have to buy FIVE of this sets ??? Thanks. mike (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 Volt train motors and DCC

(...) Thanks Larry, for giving this exhaustive description of my lived hobby. I think you caught nearly all facets of me being an hardcore AFOL. (...) They have been named beer waggons by some of the other AFOLs around. I always counted them as wine (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 12 Volt train motors and DCC

(...) Oh, and on my list of reasons, I omitted - egregiously fabricating past history - spreading falsehoods about people's signatures because no such thing ever happened. The "++Lar" started because Todd used to sign his posts "--Todd" and I (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 12 Volt train motors and DCC

(...) (URL) think I got this title from Larry P. In the past he used to sign his messeges with '++Lar' (the '++' was meant as a sign for him as train expert never being wrong.) After april the first in 2000 Larry was forced to sign as '+Lar' or even (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  PCC (was Re: Success at Pleasanton GATS

(...) OK, how was this done? (URL) then (URL) yellow window HAD to be mutilated (among many other required mutilations (1) )but it's done very very cleverly. That's the best LEGO PCC I've ever seen, but there is no way to make one that good from (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Syracuse GATS (was: Re: Roberson Toy Train Show)

(...) GATS is very national. Except for the NE, where they don't have as much presence, they do a lot of shows all over the US. At the national level they are aware of the power of LEGO(r) and what clubs are consistently able to achieve once they (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: 12 Volt train motors and DCC

(...) One could speculate, I suppose, that it might have something to do with - an April Fool's prank in which a nonexistent historic set was presented, causing quite a stir among historians... - another April Fool's prank in which an entire line of (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 Volt train motors and DCC

(...) What did you do to earn THAT title? :D -- Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Success at Pleasanton GATS

My pics are posted at Tom's Legomania, (URL) only about 80 pics, though. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Syracuse GATS (was: Re: Roberson Toy Train Show)

(...) This is good advice, Lar. Thanks. I would have thought it best to ask for a guarantee, but I understand the reasonings perfectly now. How national is GATS? I mean: if we offer reference to the other clubs here who have done successful GATS (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) Well, today I got not two...but three outstandingly straight wagon plates from LEGO®. When it comes to customer service, LEGO® is the hands-down winner I must say! -Harvey (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Roberson Toy Train Show

(...) Best to post this to trains.org as that's where the other train clubs cross post stuff. Succinctly: If you go for contest, you are competing for a prize with/against the other layouts that selected contest as their choice. The rules and (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  New MOC: Fully articulated light rail vehicle

This is my second LEGO train model, a modern light rail vehicle (LRV). It is inspired loosely by the new vehicles that have recently entered service for the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) in Santa Clara County, CA. Like the VTA (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build) !!

  Pictures of BayLTC at GATS in Pleasanton CA, Nov 30/Dec 1 2002

Pictures of our award winning (first place) layout at GATS are now available on my website, and after moderation, on Brickshelf: (URL) William R Ward bill@wards.net (URL) Consistency is not really a human trait. --Maude (from the film "Harold & (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: 12 Volt train motors and DCC

The images have been uploaded, after moderation they can be found here : (URL) something's still unclear, let me know and I'll see if I can make things clearer. (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC - Small Train Station

(...) Thanks, I based the facade on Paris' Gare St. Lazare. The real version can be seen here: (URL) had to clip out several bays as well as the top story. I also redid the roof in a more Victorian style (with the HP slate roof pieces). Even as (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC - Small Train Station

(...) Thanks. The feel of this station brings me back to the early 80's or so of LEGO design (except for the new green roofs). Generally, I tend to use a lot more special parts, giving my MOC's a more fanciful and often futuristic look. However, I (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 Volt train motors and DCC

(...) I have one, missing a current pickup pin and with damaged worm screws which is currently "in disassembled state" But otherwise its complete and OK. I can make some images if anybody needs em, just drop me an email with wishes and I'll upload (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Success at Pleasanton GATS

Bravo, BayLTC! It's always great to hear that another club has received a first-place award at a train show. :-) JohnG, GMLTC (fut trains.org, just to reduce clutter!) (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 12 Volt train motors and DCC

This sounds like a project of mine too... So far I have changed a 9V motor only with an addtional output (pictures on my homepage), but I am working on having an engine for both systems. BR S john hill <johnhill@cnd.co.nz> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact