 Trains / *1567 (-20)
  Re: strange idea

You know, I'm leaving in a little over 24 hours for a drive from CA to OH and back. I think this time I WILL stop into MOA, rather than drive right past it...should be somewhere around the 13-16th. (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jul-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: strange idea

(...) Can someone repost the link to the NMRA convention site? I'm going on Saturday, will you be there all weekend? (25 years ago, 3-Jul-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: strange idea

How about Minneapolis, weekend after next? ;-) That's when the NMRA convention is and the GMLTC will be unveiling their new engine service facility. I intend to be there. (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jul-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

Dave, I have the set of plans Ben Fleskes made up and although I hade a similar table made, I was going to make more and decided to change to Ben's design, as mine was probably overkill. (My wife has trouble lifting her half of it.) As far as making (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

  Re: BOB train MPEG movie

James, I've really got to say... I like your BOB train a lot! Very nice presentation with the movie. One of my favorite sounds is a Lego train cruising by on the tracks! Bryan Kinkel James Mathis <jmathis@arctic.nmt.edu> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  BOB train MPEG movie

I've been having some more fun with the digital camera (that I borrowed). My BOB passenger train has a movie clip, too. But, this time I used a higher image resolution, so this 5 second clip is about 473k. It just shows BOB running through an "S" (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

(...) Well, I know there are a few folks in the San Diego area, and a few in the SF Bay Area (maybe more than a few, but I haven't found 'em yet), and you and Carrie in the outer-reaches. I'm a big proponent of getting a train group going. To that (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

Well, kick it around for a bit and see what comes up. Technically both of you are the same distance from BayLUG too. BTW, you don't have to live here in SF to be a BayLUG member. While getting together might be difficult, membership and contributing (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

Hi Mike, I'd love to join up but I'm 4-5 hrs away drive up north!!! Carrie (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

  Re: California Lego Train Club

You go boy! SteveB PNLTC (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

  California Lego Train Club

I was wondering if there was interest in having a California Lego Train Club? I live outside of Fresno, where I can find no AFOLs. I would like to start a train club and was wondering if anyone else in CA would like to discuss the idea. As I am near (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno)

  Re: Thalys and Hondekop Pics

In article <377BB2B3.6439A1CD@c...lane.edu>, Christopher Masi <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> writes (...) Well, I know that kop means head, and honde probably = hound (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thalys and Hondekop Pics

(...) snip Is dog face what Hondekop means? Chris (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Permanent outdoor train

As I get closer to actually buying a house, I've been doing some more thinking about a future garden railroad. How well suited to a permanent outdoor setup is the Lego track? If it isn't suitable, is the guage close enough to any model railroad (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thalys and Hondekop Pics

I added stepwise instructions of the Dutch Hondekop (dog face) train and Thalys engine. Instructions of Thalys car, and pictures of the finished models will appear in a week or so. Eric Eric Brok wrote in message ... (...) still (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My experience at Legoland USA

Of course I was not implying that our scale of model trains is inferior to those made by the master builders. In fact, I believe that ours is far superior to theirs. TLG markets train sets to minifig size. I think Miniland should have been geared (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My experience at Legoland USA

I'd put Miniland scale at more like G... what we do is fairly close to O, inasmuch as you can say that we work to any scale in particular. (...) I'd say that PNLTC and GMLTC layouts are no slouches, sizewise. (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  My experience at Legoland USA

Hi everyone, Well the trip is over for now. We're heading up to Canada next week, from Tijuana, Mexico to Prince Rupert, BC, what an opportunity to buy lego sets! I just posted some things under the LEGOLAND topics board I observed at LL Carlsbad if (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MPeg Movie of Orange TGV train

James, You're a genuine Cecil B. DeMille! It's great to see your train in action. Amazing that the file size is so small. Everyone will soon put up movies instead of pics! When I look for my next camera, I'll definitely look for that feature. Good (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Howdy

Well, After many months of not being able to post I gave it another shot and wow, I can post. You guys have all been doing a great job on these high speed train designs. I can't wait to get some of MOCs up to show off. Only slightly off topic. (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact