 Trains / 1534
Re: MPeg Movie of Orange TGV train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 22:58:26 GMT

James,

You're a genuine Cecil B. DeMille!  It's great to see your train in action.
Amazing that the file size is so small.  Everyone will soon put up movies instead
of pics!  When I look for my next camera, I'll definitely look for that feature.

Good job!

Joe

James Mathis wrote:

Hi, all,

I was able to borrow a SONY Mavica digital camera with MPEG movie capability
last night.

There are four MPEG movies of my orange TGV running on the tracks up at my TGV
page.  I hope for you that all you have to do is click on the text that
says "TGV MPEG movie #x", and then choose to open the file.  It works for
me from Netscape.  I don't know if I already have some kind of plug-in
required or not.  I hope you can see the movies without any hassle.

Each "movie" is only about 5 seconds long accompanied by some "tinny" audio of
the sound of the LEGO train motors and the click-clack of the wheels on the
track and track joints. Each "movie" is about 122kB in file size.

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/legopage.html

Then link to the orange TGV train page.

Thanks for watching if you care to take a look.

later,
James Mathis