 Trains / *15269 (-20)
  Re: Curator for lugnet.trains

(...) "Will Chapman’s LEGO® Site (Link??)" "Neat images of the (mumble time period)" mumble? (...) What is your point? What is wrong with my suggestion? (...) Take the lazy path if you wish, I'm sure newcomers will appreciate it. I thought what I (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Curator for lugnet.trains

(...) Such as what? There's nothing missing that wasn't missing when I took it on. I've a mind to remove Will's link if no one comes forth with a correction for it as it's a bit dated. Other than that everything is correct AFAIK. Certainly if you or (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Curator for lugnet.trains

(...) The current page has some missing data. Perhaps you should consider tidying up the existing page, and making changes offline/elsewhere until you have a professional looking effort for the group to consider? Scott A (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  need advice on/ideas for the train setup I am working on

I am going to be starting work on a futuristic (but still true to life as far as operations go) freight setup, when my 4561 arrives. The general story is that this is a manufacturing town, making stuff that gets shipped to the freight terminal by (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space)

  Re: Photos of PNLTC display at GATS

(...) I think you're mistaken. Schoolhouse Rock was created specifically by ABC-TV for their Saturday morning cartoon lineup. It was aired exclusively on ABC. ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.wa)

  Re: Photos of PNLTC display at GATS

(...) Trust Me... it was on "Sesame Street"!!! That's where i first saw it... Back in '86 i think Muffin Head is older than me so he probably saw the original back in '78 or so. --==Richard==-- (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.wa)

  Re: Lego Trainposter preview

(...) Jeroen, Your layout of the LEGO(R) trains line is impressive and inspiring! I am understanding just how much work you've put into it!!!! Incredible! I have been working on a project and have been thinking along the same lines as you. The sight (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: BR18 Steam Locomotive

(...) Ummmm, I don't need to know! , I'd rather not spend (...) I've chases faux wood for a Wood Heated Steam Loco, lots of 1x2 brown& tan plates, brown & tan bricks, Brown panels;-), &more wood colored stuff! Josh (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Photos of PNLTC display at GATS

(...) Maybe it was in Sesame Street too!? maybe thats why i know it! Josh (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.wa)

  Re: Photos of PNLTC display at GATS

(...) Um, it wasn't from Sesame Street. It was from Schoolhouse Rock, which were short clips that played during commercial breaks between Saturday morning cartoons. (URL) Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.wa)

  Curator for lugnet.trains

What sorts of things do folks want to see on the trains front page? Please mail me with your thoughts, as I've just assumed the curator role. Probably best not to clutter the discussion with suggestions unless you think they merit discussion (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BR18 Steam Locomotive

(...) I took the "coal insert" idea one step further on my Bethgon Coalporter-- not only is my coal an insert, but it has a vital structural role keeping the hopper together as well.... -John (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BR18 Steam Locomotive

(...) I created a one-piece "prefab" coal insert to put in my tender. Basically a plate with bits stuck onto it to make it look like a "mound" of coal, but is actually one piece, easily removed and replaced. Works like a charm. Robin (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BR18 Steam Locomotive

(...) familiar to me, since I had to work through them all for my Hogwarts Express train. I had worked up several really nice cylinder and piston configurations, but all of them eventually would seize up, or fall off after a short period of actually (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Page

Looks great. There is a picture missing on the engine page. S. Dirk Meier <dirk.meier@surfeu.de> wrote in message news:Gn5wsC.Ctt@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Photos of PNLTC display at GATS

(...) Ah, I remember that song from Sesame Street... Good memories! --==Richard==-- The Count... <One Oatmeal Cookie, muhaaa,ha,ha,haaaa> <Two Oatmeal Cookies, muhaa,ha,ha,haaaa> ;^) (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.wa)

  New Train Page

Hi folks, have a look at (URL) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: hogwarts express

(...) That is right Dan, the set includes a (very primitive) instruction, how to do a conversion to 9V train stuff. If you have no experience with Lego-trains, you might take a look at the instruction of set 2126 to to get to know how you have to (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: hogwarts express

(...) from what I understand (don't have the set myself), the set includes instructions how to motorize the train. If so, then I'd say, yes, you can motorize it :) Dan (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: hogwarts express

I think it is not so difficult, change the whells and add a train motor, you got a motorized hogwarts express, may I make sense? Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact