 Trains / 14007
Re: Lego Trainposter preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 00:17:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jeroen de Haan writes:
Hi all,

At http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=8266 you'll find the
first rendering of the Lego-trainsposter. When ready it will made available
in A3 and A4 format posters at 150 and 300 dpi. I still need some DAT-files.
Can Thomas Burger contact me direct please; your name pops up in a lot of
them and maybe you have some of the missing ones.

Bye for now, I'm going back to build some more... Jeroen

Jeroen,

Your layout of the LEGO(R) trains line is impressive and inspiring!
I am understanding just how much work you've put into it!!!!  Incredible!

I have been working on a project and have been thinking along the same lines
as you.  The sight of your train poster gave me pause to preview and try an
imitation.  I don't think I've captured the slick common perspective nor the
nice multi-train per row, but it is fun to try it out!

Here are a couple of previews of some of my own trains in a similar display:

I don't have the computer processing power to render all the trains together
in one POV scene, so I've had to render each set individually, then
post-combine them into a grouped scene.

Thanks for the motivation.  I think your trains poster is going to be *very*
slick when finished.

later,
James Mathis