 Trains / 13932
Re: Lego Trainposter preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 14:15:18 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:

When you have finished the poster, I will surly try to check out, how to bring
it on paper in best quality. In DIN A2 (or even A1) this should be an eye
catcher in my living room... (maybe the set numbers and release years should be
listed underneath the track in small letters?)

Wow, slow down, a A3 300dpi RGB poster wil be 52Mb uncompressed, so a A2 wil
be 104Mb and a A1 204Mb... not the files you send over the internet...
Eventually the files will be smaller cos they will be compressed (either
TIFF-compressed or JPEG).
Yes I thought about placing the modelnumbers and release years under the
tracks, but not in this preview.

If you have (nearly) all the CAD-data at hand you could even make up posters
with other collections of trains. I would like a time line of pasenger trains:

113, 119, 182, 7710, 7740, 7715, 7725, 7745, 4558, 4559, 4560

Or same for fright trains (leaving some out, because there are too much of
them):
115, 116, 720, 722, 180, 183, 7720, 7730, 4563, 4564, 4565

Or all steam- , diesel- and electric engines? (Engines only):
- steam:
112, 116, 119, 120, 122, 133, 180, 721, 722, 726, 7730, 7750, 7727, 3225, MOT
- diesel:
183, 724, 727, 7720, 7760, 7755, 4563, 4564, 4559, 4565, 4560
- electric:
7725, 7740, 7745, 4558, 4551

Good idea, but there is a problem; the first poster wil only contain
grey-area 12V and 9V trains. This is because older parts (for LDraw that
is), used in the blue area are hard to get or not available at al. For
example the 6x22 plate with motor cut-out used by the 727 is nor available.
Or the old wagons with the bue and red magnets. So I will be focusing on the
7xxx, 4xxx and MOT trains, sorry.

Do you plan to bring out high quality renderings of all ever produced lego
trains (engine for engine in single pictures? So everybody could make up an own
poster by putting his favorites together....  (Or a row of pictures in a line
in one circle around your Lego® rooms wallpaper? Lots of things you can do with
theses great pictures of yours.

Well thank you, I'm blussing. But I can't take all the credit. I made a lot
of the models but there are also some made by others... I don't know where
this will end. If the poster is ready I will make all DAT-files available
too. And for non-LDRraw users or people who don't have the CPU-power to
render arrangments can be made...

Jeroen