 Trains / 13996
Re: hogwarts express
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 09:56:53 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Dan Boger writes:
In lugnet.trains, Shona Brodley wrote:
this is probably a dumb question but im gonna ask any way.  The hogwarts
express isnt a motorised train, but can you motorise it?  I have no idea
about such things, but i wanna train, thanx

from what I understand (don't have the set myself), the set includes
instructions how to motorize the train.  If so, then I'd say, yes, you can
motorize it :)

That is right Dan,

the set includes a (very primitive) instruction, how to do a conversion to 9V
train stuff.

If you have no experience with Lego-trains, you might take a look at the
instruction of set 2126 to to get to know how you have to build the bogies.

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/2000/2126/2126-24.html

I have done the conversion of the hogwarts push along train to a 9V train and
it looks definitely better now.
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/trains/trains.html

Kind Regards,

Ben

BTW: do not forget about the creativity contest...
http://www.creativity-contest.net/