 Trains / *14359 (-20)
  Re: New ICE-type German DB605 passenger train

(...) ICE! You are right, Markus collected these wall elements with window for a while and was happy to find a lot in Berlin, when he visited his brother. (...) .. or better so see it in real life? We will have meetings in Germany on 28th October (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  GE 44-Tonner

Here is a GE 44 Tonner in UP colors that my 11 yo son built a while ago: (URL) from 1940 until 1955, they were specifically designed to be the largest loco that could be operated by just one man (the 1937 Diesel Agreement provided that an extra man (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hogworts Express Conversion?

It would seem that Lego had trainheads in mind when they designed the Hogwarts Express. I've just finished building the engine from my brothers set, and here are a few comments: The bogies that come with it do not pivot, they are mounted solid to (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  12 volt track

I recently bought a lot of 12 volt track on ebay. One of the straight conductors has a black arrow on it. The rail that it points to has an electrical gap in it. What is this piece used for? While I'm here, what is the best way to clean the track? I (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  9v vs 12v motors

Is the 12v train motor physically the same size and shape as the 9v motor? I'm hoping that converting a 9v engine to a 12v is simply a matter of substitution. I have a 12v layout and want to add a Metroliner (among others) to it. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hogworts Express Conversion?

The instructions show how to convert to 9V track and how to add the electric motor... (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Metroliner shipping soon?

(...) I just got off the phone with S@H and they have said the Metroliners are now backordered to Oct.12... Due to that mess last week. Sigh... Them scum have a lot to answer for! Dean (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2-Wide Steam Train

(...) Mmm- good point. The locomotive really doesn't match the cars. Maybe I will actually do some more with this. If so, I'll have to go to BrickBay to pick up more round 1x1 plates for wheels. -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com www.pnltc.org (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hogworts Express Conversion?

I picked one up during lunch today, so when I get home I will see what can be done if anything (I barely had time to look at them for I had to get back...) (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New ICE-type German DB605 passenger train

(...) What are those window pieces?!? They don't looks familiar at all... -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com www.pnltc.org (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2-Wide Steam Train

(...) The walls are just as tidy, but I ran out of "wheels" so the other side has bare plates for running gear. (...) That could work, but I think you'd have to make the whole thing a plate taller, or you'd have vertical stud clearance problems with (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

"John Furlong" <john.t.furlong@lmco.com> wrote in message news:GJv7KG.9C3@lugnet.com... (...) picture (...) of (...) I saw that as well. I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that the instructions for the HE would contain information on how to add regular (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Hogworts Express Conversion?

I just saw the new fall shop at home catalog and the hogworts express set description states that the train will not run on 9V track. In the picture of the set it appears that the train is built on the standard long train bases. I would think that (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New ICE-type German DB605 passenger train

(...) I'm sure you will find a good-looking solution. (...) Looks like a very good start. I like the look of the curving roof bricks. Whoah! Look at all the special thin-wall windows in the combination trans-light blue framed in white. I look (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My FOTD

(...) UNdoubtedly! I set FUT to market.theory because this is a classic example (Nice find, BTW, Mike) of two things: - that poor listings get poor sales. Time spent taking pics and writing punchy, accurate descriptions pays off (within reason... (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: 2-Wide Steam Train

(...) One wonders if, perhaps, it doesn't look quite so tidy from the other side...? But I could be wrong. Ah, actually, if you centre-mounted a 1x1 5-stud brick in the middle (on a 1x1 round plate or two, or stuck it into the roof or the side of a (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2-Wide Steam Train

Nice - very nice, how do you do the 1/10th offset in something two wide? Tim (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New ICE-type German DB605 passenger train

Hi James, yes, I remember your ICE 3 project. Looks very nice, but a real one would be much better :-) I also have non of these new screen pieces, so I can't tell you if it works? It won't be a good windscreen for an 8-wide ICE 3? Check out Markus' (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My FOTD

Gee, it seems the seller could have purchased a digital camera, listed that auction and made enough more than $100 to pay for the camera...what do you think? (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  RE: My FOTD

Nice gamble/haul Mike. Obviously a risk worth taking, Milissa would say no, too risky. Enjoy! :-) Thanx, Mark Millère LUGnet # 525 Visit Milissa's LEGO store, Millère's Spares (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact