 Trains / 13326
Re: Hogworts Express Conversion?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 18:26:45 GMT

I picked one up during lunch today, so when I get home I will see what can be
done if anything (I barely had time to look at them for I had to get back...)

In lugnet.trains, John Furlong writes:
I just saw the new fall shop at home catalog and the hogworts express set
description states that the train will not run on 9V track.  In the picture
of the set it appears that the train is built on the standard long train
bases.  I would think that it would be a trivial matter to substitute the
wheel sets with a motor and standard track wheel sets.  Does anyone know of
any reasons why that's not possible (ie. train cars too long to go through
curves or maybe some aspect of the train design that escapes me)?

John