 Trains / *13649 (-20)
  Re: JackStone & (10 wide)Trains

(...) Wow! ok Josh (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: JackStone & (10 wide)Trains

(...) I don't have a Jack Stone figure, but aren't they two studs wide? If they are two studs wide and 1 stud equals 1 foot, then that is one WIDE butt. Chris (23 years ago, 30-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: JackStone & (10 wide)Trains

(...) Not to burst your bubble, but I remember an old web page where a guy had 10 wide passenger trains. I think he was from Pittsburgh. I'll try to find his page. (...) I was reminded of your to-do list today when I was driving up to Michigan for a (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Speed regulator question

(...) Yea, numbers of speed regulators is one of those interesting things... You're dead without one Two is highly desireable (so you can run two independant loops of track) Three or four provide you a way to run accessories or wall warts for your (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Speed regulator question

(...) <set:3225> (23 years ago, 29-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Speed regulator question

(...) Well, it does keep the cost down but I think the main reason is that TLC struggles with the best way to deal with the multitude of different voltages and plug styles for the wall wart. Separating out the regulator means that not every set (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

"Adam Murtha" <adammurtha@home.com> wrote in message news:GH98BD.G1B@lugnet.com... (...) How can it be a pain? You just buy one at the same time - set 4548 What is so painful or difficult about that? regards lawrence (23 years ago, 29-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

"Adam Murtha" <adammurtha@home.com> wrote in message news:GH98BD.G1B@lugnet.com... (...) people (...) for (...) Actually, you should be pleased. You can pick up a brand new one on the secondary market (aka Brickbay) for about $10, far less than if (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Speed regulator question

(...) I think that much of it is that TLC recognizes (and certainly hopes) that folks will buy more than one train set. If you got a speed regulator with EVERY trainset, those of us who buy tons of train sets would be burried with them, and even the (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Speed regulator question

I was hoping one of you train heads could answer a question I have, why do some train sets like 4558 (and 10001 I assume) not come with a speed regulator? I assume that it would be to keep the cost down, and most people who buy Lego trains would (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Two 8-wide freight cars added

I've added some preview pictures & pages for my BNSF covered Hopper, & Drop belly tank car: (URL) links should now work. I'll soon be updating the well car too, as i have scraped it, and will be going for V2. Josh (23 years ago, 29-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: JackStone & (10 wide)Trains

Funny that you should mention JS and trains, because I did some preliminary calculations on his size and have determined that he is the perfect scale for the LEGO track gauge, if you wanted to simulate standard gauge (4' 8.5"). That would mean that (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  JackStone & Trains

I noticed the new JackStone sets in a toy shop and thought that the vehicle cabs could be used on trains. They are six studs wide and would give a nice curved front to a train. They are available in red and yellow. They look as if they can be turned (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  "Local" Slope brick supplies?

Hi, I am looking for supplies of bricks to build houses and things suitable for landscape parts of my soon to be train set. Preferably in Australia (Sydney?). Sort of brick types I am specifically looking for : slope brick 3297 33 3x4 slope brick (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Real Monorail Pictures (Was: Monorail MOC's)

I have found some pictures in case anyone is interested. I found them on the Monorail society website: (URL) is a very interesting site & I learnt a lot about Monorail.(the first one was built in 1899!) If you go to the 'Monorails of the World' (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10001 Changes (was: Re: August Surprise...)

(...) (URL) in lavender (or light purple if you prefer). It was released in 1995. -chris (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brickfest Video up!

(...) Nice video, shame about the song (sorry was just using a Not The Nine O'Clock News joke). No really,very nice. Indeed nice green loc. But why is that car hanging there on that huge building-crane...??? (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MichLUG - GATS Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan - My Report

(...) Ya, ya, refute me with practical details. Just use Fluorescent Brown(tm) (1). FUT o-t.fun 1 - I don't think there is such a color but there "could be"... mix flourescent green and orange and see what you get! ++Lar (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: MichLUG - GATS Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan - My Report

(...) Because brown doesn't show up very well against dark grey. Bright, easily distinguished colors make sorting out what track belongs to who much faster. James (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: MichLUG - GATS Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan - My Report

(...) Well, I gotta ask.. why AREN'T you using brown paint then? (there is no color that's an obvious choice to associate with my name, but for people that have one???) Did you ever see that index card? One side says "green" in red letters, and the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact