 Trains / *13534 (-10)
  Re: what is the use of a caboose?

(...) Tram, There's a Tram less then a mile from were I live, and it has no over head power supply, and runs on 3 (yes 3) rail, the middle being a gear, to climb a steep grade (like 15% grade, or something). If Larry reads this he may know what i'm (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: what are the use of studs?

(...) And you're also a freak... The rest of the GMLTC refers to John as 'the guy who doesn't want his LEGO constructions to look like LEGO'. Maybe it's a good thing that he seldom builds anything that ends up on our layout! JohnG, GMLTC (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail MOC's

(...) Check out my train links page at (URL) are two sections of monorail, layouts and trains. 6 wide has definitely been done. I think 8-wide has also been done. I've been cooking up an attempt at a Boston MBTA Boeing LRV as a monorail, but who (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: what is the use of a caboose?

(...) Definitely. I'm glad to see LEGO provide some American style equipment. (...) That is NOT absolutely NOT a caboose. It's a coach. (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: what is the use of a caboose?

(...) I suspect the guards van doesn't have the same romaticism as the caboose because it wasn't so much a living quarters. Trains are also heavily romanticized in the US because of their role in developing the nation (we wouldn't be arguing about (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: what is the use of a caboose?

(...) [snip] (...) I have had my 10014 just at hand - here is a view inside the caboose: (URL) is not so great, that you should overtake it. Of course we are able to do things a little better, but it is great, that the caboose has any interieur at (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: what is the use of a caboose?

(...) PHEW! I'd gone into a bit of a panic the last day or two ... as my WWII German train nears completion, I decided to add a caboose-like car because I was fascinated by the interior detailing that could be added - and then this topic comes (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: what is the use of a caboose?

"Simon Bennett" <simon.bennett@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:GH10K4.B15@lugnet.com... (...) Blackpool? (...) I meant quiet by the way! (...) Interesting. I guess that in some respects the infrastructure cost is not necessarily any different (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10013 & 10014 First Impressions

(...) I got mine yesterday when I came back from work, just 5 days after ordering them (although I had chosen the cheapest and slowes way of shipping). I agree with all, what you have written about the sets and the packages. Especially 10014 is a (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Monorail MOC's

I was thinking about scale & thought that a 4 wide Monorail is too small. Has anyone built a 5 wide or 6 wide Monorail. Do any issues arrise from building wider than the base? Could someone please point me in the direction of some Monorail MOC's. (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact