 Trains / *10999 (-20)
  Re: Trains Trains and Train Shows.

(...) Steve is neglecting to mention that the zoning worked very well, and was a heck of a crowd pleaser, especially the 'high-speed' line down the front of the layout. The only thing I'd do differently next time is label the controllers. I was (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 'Dog Bone' - definition

(...) I was thinking about this a few days ago (the whole auto vs HOG thing), so I wandered over to where I could sit in my car & watch some of the on-site rail ops at work for lunch.(1) Coupling/uncoupling - manual. Loading/unloading - all (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first MOC locomotive

(...) That first shot is a really beautiful picture. Yes, it is very similar in shape- and modeling the wedge looks like a good challenge. I would assume that it is tapered to give the engineer a better rearward view from the cab. The FP45 looks (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first MOC locomotive

(...) No, it doesn't seem to. But the big ol' 9v motor makes the loc very top-heavy. It can't do corners at full speed if it has a decent straight lead into them. If I do that again, I might try using a micromotor and gearing it up. On the other (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: http://linux.corel.com/products/wp8/download.htm

(...) isn't it? sorry all, meant to sent the note to myself, and didn't notice that netscape defaulted to post instead of mail... now where's that ability to delete your postings... :/ FUT elsewhere... hmmm.... admin.nntp :) Dan (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: http://linux.corel.com/products/wp8/download.htm

Dan, (...) Scott S. -- (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first MOC locomotive

(...) I love the rotating fan/vents on top! Does the extra power drain on the 9V affect the speed at all? (I wouldn't think so.) How fast do they spin? Mind if I try to do the same thing? SRC StRuCtures L#765 (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 'Dog Bone' - definition

(...) A double dogbone would be if the whole dogbone was double track, I think. That means including the end loops... one nested inside the other ++Lar (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 'Dog Bone' - definition

(...) Hey, I just want some one else to go through the work of trying it out... (...) Hand of God. (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: Pics of my "Auto Hopper" unloading hopper car

(...) Nice. I like the seven-wide rim at the top! How much "flow-through" do you get with the bottom restriction? Any danger of the 1x6 plate coming off? I'm curious to hear "Mr. black hopper"'s take on it... 8-) SRC (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains Trains and Train Shows.

(...) If that's true (IMO it's not) there's no reason for it to be the case. Consider: (URL) simple interconnected double-loop like what Michel designed for GETS last fall. As long as you run the inner and outer loops in the same direction, trains (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Trains Trains and Train Shows.

(...) Based on advice from others here on large layouts, I laid-out our layout at Supertrain2001 with FIVE different controllers and speed zones. Where each section met mechanically, it was isolated electrically with two little pieces of black (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 'Dog Bone' - definition

(...) Ah - OK Then would this be a single or double dog-bone? (URL) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 'Dog Bone' - definition

(...) Stop with the good ideas - I already spend too much time tinkering. 8-) (...) HOG - Hand's On Grabbing??? (...) You mean like something like this? (Supertrain2001 layout) :-) (URL) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12V train engines

It appears that Lego Service in Europe may still have these. They're not cheap (DM1 per tire--not per pack) and they're not willing to sell them in large numbers, but I'm pretty sure some people in Germany have recently gotten ahold of some from (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from NGLTC layout at Atlanta NMRA show

(...) Sorry about that. I only found out recently that when I use "webmail" off my server that it was adding a "usi" onto the front of my email address. 23rd National LGBMRRC Convention, July 10-14, Atlanta, GA. You have to be a LGBMRRC Member to (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: My first MOC locomotive

I like it a lot. I think you have captured the FP45 very well. And the rotating fans are always neat. "Tony Hafner" <hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com> wrote in message news:GA3rxB.4FH@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from NGLTC layout at Atlanta NMRA show

Katie, I tried to reply to your email you sent me last week about this, but it kept bouncing back. What is this "Model Train Convention", I haven't heard anything about such an event this summer. I'll have to ask around tonight at the monthly (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from NGLTC layout at Atlanta NMRA show

(...) The pictures are GREAT! Several friends and I are hoping that we can catch your club in action while we are in Atlanta for 6 days in July at a Model Train convention. Katie (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact