 Trains / *10969 (-20)
  Re: My first MOC locomotive

(...) Hey, i was thinking or making a F45 too, but i decided apon a simalar locomotive, the SD40-2F, built for the Canadian Pacific Railway. Here are some pictures, i liked the distinctive wedge (has a special name, can't think of it now): (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first MOC locomotive

(...) Thank you very much! After doing a few shows with PNLTC, I've seen a lot of really nice MOC trains in the last 6 months. Being around these guys has to rub off at least a little. (...) When I was building this, I only had 2 pictures to go on (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first MOC locomotive

(...) A *very nice* first MOC! (much better than my first attempts!) I like the use of the fence pieces on the sides to represent venting. One question on the 'tail end', since I'm not familiar with this locomotive. Should there be a door of some (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  My first MOC locomotive

Hello, all- This is my first true MOC locomotive- in the past, I've only worked with 4.5 volt trains. And the 4.5 volt locomotives I made were just slightly modified official sets. I did this up in my LTC's colors, and added a few stickers to pretty (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Pics of my "Auto Hopper" unloading hopper car

(...) Yes, the unloading is happening over 4.5 volt track so that I can discharge into a bin below. Also I'm working on making the same section of track act as a scale by using some springs and a rotation sensor. As for the how the RCX will interact (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

"James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message news:GA3Bs5.3xx@lugnet.com... (...) project (...) It looks very good! The overall design of the hopper looks very nice and I really like the working unloading doors. Are you running the hoppers (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics of my "Auto Hopper" unloading hopper car

Yeah, even though it's technically "seven wide" it's still a good ol' "six wider" at heart. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: buying trains on the internet in Europe

(...) 1st tip: Find someone around to share that amount with you: Reimann is the cheapest place (for Lego sets) in the www that I know. (...) 2nd tip: Usually the webmaster of www.1000steine.de does not support international shipping, but if you (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

Very nice! And clever too! You do consider it a "six wide" MOC, right? "James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message news:GA3Bs5.3xx@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Pics of my "Auto Hopper" unloading hopper car

I have uploaded some pictures of my recent hopper car design that has self-closing unloading doors. The "Auto Hopper" is part of a larger project that will include a loading and unloading station via an RCX. This hopper was designed so that it can (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stunning Steam Train

(...) Only the wheels are non-Lego parts ! As you know there are no original wheels in this size, so I had to make them. They are scaled up from an old red wheel from a 4,5V train and with CNC its so easy to produce more than one... Stefan (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 'Dog Bone' - definition

(...) Absolutely. My aborted HO layout had an oval of track with a switchback line climbing a mountain (it was developed for a 5'x9.5' space in my apartment, so a dogbone type design just wasn't going to work, but I worked out a pretty nice scheme (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12V train engines

John, I tried heat shrink tubing a couple years ago. There's temperature problem, it fits nice and snug around the wheels, and the color is good. I guess I never pursued it because the tubing I found was a little thin for good appearance and it was (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Track Designer (was: 'Dog Bone' - definition)

For the benefit of the "What might be a good track layout" discussion and for sharing track ideas amongst eachother, I reccomend the use of the "Train Depot Track Designer", a great Windows program by Matthew Bates for drawing Lego track layouts on (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

"Lawrence Wilkes" <lawrence@thewilkesf...rve.co.uk> wrote in message news:GA1xvH.87B@lugnet.com... (...) marks (...) Lets look at some other countries Country - Equivalent price at todays exchange ---...--- ------- UK - £12.99 Denmark - £10.50 (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: buying trains on the internet in Europe

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:GA0CuF.FCx@lugnet.com... (...) Reimann (...) at (...) Well you could if you didnt mind Lego ripping you off! 1 pack of 4515 on the UK shop @ home is £12.99 Today on Expedia 12.99 (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 12V train engines

(...) Has anyone tried shrink tubing? I was at an electronics store last week, and saw grey shrink tubing in many different diameters. I have no idea what sort of temperature would be required to get it to shrink, but I may have to spend a few (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 'Dog Bone' - definition

(...) Yes, I agree. Realised it after i posted but got sucked into something else. (...) And what makes an interesting/convenient arrangment for a show may well be very different from what makes an interesting arrangement for a home layout. At a (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 'Dog Bone' - definition

(...) Assuming there's another end, I would say that Dog1 is a valid end of a folded dogbone. If you unfold the loop, it's just a dogbone where the double track comes out of the center of the loop instead of at one edge. Of course like Larry says, (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 'Dog Bone' - definition

(...) The definition of a "dogbone" is an oval that has been pinched in the middle so that the two sides of it are close enough together that they look like double track... then stretched to quite a bit longer. That's the key idea... it could have (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact