 Trains / *10169 (-100)
  7777 Ideas Book

Should this have a sticker sheet ? ..and where do you get the big wheels for the train on page 40 ???? Michael Pratt (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: QT Movie of 4565 traveling on a bridge

"Adrian Egli" <aegli@san.rr.com> wrote in message news:G8EAo5.62L@lugnet.com... (...) Yes - I'm headed to LEGO Direct this weekend (more on that later) and I will mention the beams pack to them and try to find out more about bulk ordering and their (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7725 Did it come with track?

(...) No 7725 did not have track. I have one and just checked the manual. In the catalogue it does have track, cos it's a train you see ! Michael Pratt (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: QT Movie of 4565 traveling on a bridge

(...) Maybe someone in lugnet.publish.cinema can help. (Cross posting and setting FUT.) BEN GATRELLE (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.animation)

  LEGO Capacitors use on Trains?

Has anyone tried using one of these new Dacta LEGO Capacitors on their trains? Seems like this would be a good way to keep the head lights bright even when the train slows down. "(URL) might have to buy one and try it out. jt ----- James J. Trobaugh (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Has anyone seen this?

(URL) not my auction, and I don't know the seller. I've never heard of this product before, and I have no idea of how "Lego like" it really is. Does anyone know anything about it? Dave! (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.trains)

  Re: QT Movie of 4565 traveling on a bridge

Thanks for the thoughts. Tim Courtney said the same and said he's going to try to get TLC to bring the Technic beams into bulk sales. I must admit, I'm new to the movies and would like to trim some of my others so they weren't so big. If you (or (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: QT Movie of 4565 traveling on a bridge

very cool, and good quality! I wish I had such a great bridge for my traintrack (lack of bricks I'm afraid). Maybe you can make the filesize of your movie smaller. I don't see anything happening in the movie the first two seconds or so and the last (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) And thanks to TLC and specifically Lego Direct for taking this step. I've been a part of such endeavors to overcome inertia in an organisation before, and it is not easy to do. In fact, the easiest thing to do is get lost in the here and now (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7725 Did it come with track?

(...) Sorry, maybe a wrong use of "train set": I meant all sets , which contained trains (= engine + waggons) came with track (only exception 7725 and later 3225). Of course trains sets which contained just an engine or a waggon came always(?) (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: my LEGO display

(...) *!* This was the last time I had breakfast while browsing on LUGNET. Posts like these pose a serious health threat! I barely managed to get the sandwich out of my throat again (using Heimrich's method)! Wessel (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Ideas page update...

I've updated, with around 20 new ideas since my last post on this subject. View them at: (URL) in this update are: -animals -castle/town spinning wheel -house items -TALL tree -more... Coming soon: -space/ remote control camera -side walks -Bottled (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.space)

  Re: roundhouse renovation completed

This is some really wonderful work. eric (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: roundhouse renovation completed

Ben, The details and scope of this roundhouse creation are mezmarizing. Simply stunning. Thanks for posting so many pics of the wonderful interior details. later, James Mathis (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

Opps, I forgot to post the address. (URL) Egli" <aegli@san.rr.com> wrote in message news:G8Cz6r.70r@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  QT Movie of 4565 traveling on a bridge

With the help of a friend (thanks Tim), I decided to try out posting a Quicktime movie of a LEGO train (the 4565) traveling on my bridge structures. I choose the smallest I had but it's still 9.5MB (sorry about that). Enjoy Adrian (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

"Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message news:G8BuGo.6p4@lugnet.com... (...) track. Are you sure? I just looked through my 1983 LEGO train brochure and it shows the7725 with track but the 7755 without. (...) Agree, just can't go (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: roundhouse renovation completed

(...) SRC StRuCtures (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: 7725 Did it come with track?

Thanks Ben, a mine of information as always. Regards, Peter Reinhard "Ben" Beneke <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message news:G8BuGo.6p4@lugnet.com... (...) track. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: my LEGO display

(...) I have planned to bring my roundhouse with me to Muelheim when we meet there in April 2001. I think we should stay in touch to do a combined display then. If 50 black 1x1x1 bricks could help you out: I will bring them with me to the meeting (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: my LEGO display

"Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message news:G8BtLy.5EL@lugnet.com... (...) rolling (...) I'm happy you like them :-) Perhaps we could combine some of our models to create a diorama at the Lego Treffen in Meulheim? I really (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Questions about 8 wide

(...) of your Crane platform! Have any more photos of it? Robert (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7725 Did it come with track?

(...) As far as I know, 7725 was the only 12V train set which came without any track. No 12 V set came ever with a transformer/speed regulator. Regards, Ben (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: my LEGO display

Hoi Wessel :-) (...) It's the library in Sint-Oedenrode (between Eindhoven and Den Bosch). The exhibition ends 5 march. -Frank ps. followups trimmed for this one to lugnet.loc.nl (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: my LEGO display

(...) Thanks! :-) (...) It was build in 1660, the building suffered heavy damage during WW2 so it was rebuild and only the facade remains. (...) I left the cards describing the models on my desk at the office (d'oh!) but I'll add them today. There (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: my LEGO display

(...) those cabinets are great! You have made a good choice in the models (sets and MOCs) you display. Of course I do enjoy mainly your great sceeneries with buildings and rolling stock. Your grey + half timbered houses are georgeous! Regards, Ben (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: my LEGO display

(...) Hi Frank (Hoi), Where is this library and when will the exhibition end? groeten, Wessel (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: Problems contacting me ?

(...) Folks... You might post to off-topic.test or some such... that will reduce the noise level in .trains. I set FUT there for this post. ++Lar (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.test)

  Re: my LEGO display

Frank, Outstanding display! And I must say that your local library is impressive as well (I wish my local library could afford stained glass). One question... have you provided and card or poster descibing the contents and directing those interested (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Problems contacting me ?

Everyone, Larry made me aware today that Ameritech, my ISP, has been bouncing some emails addressed to me. Until I get a backup email (or possibly a new ISP) can anyone else who has tried reaching me recently but been unable to please post a (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

(...) Ok, sure! Everyone: just send your pics my way. :-) Let me know if you need fine print for your trademark issues. You can also have special "Links & Resources" on your sidebar. For instance, helpful local info for visitors, member websites or (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

How about placing the logo on the place holder even if the newsgroup isn't active? Such as on the NGLTC place holder (URL) J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) D. Rich <suz@baseplate.com> wrote in message news:G8B6w6.34E@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) No, he didn't ask wether there would be more train summits, but having assumed there assumed there will be, whether non-northamerican train fans (lego staff don't really count) will be included in the invitations. James (who is trying to hatch (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

On second thought, I believe LUGs and LTCs really should be treated in the same way. I prefer the idea that any LTC with an active newsgroup can place their logo on their club's LUGNET newsgroup homepage (as with the LUGs). Hopefully this could (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  7725 Did it come with track?

----- Original Message ----- From: Peter D. Simpson <sterling@interalpha.co.uk> Newsgroups: lugnet.trains Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 12:14 AM Subject: 7725 Did it come with track? (...) can (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: my LEGO display

"Josh Baakko" <shi_web@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G8Az15.507@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks :-) I build the crane in one day, I found out that there were five shelves instead of four so I needed another train-MOC for a diorama (I didn't want to (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: my LEGO display

"Sonnich Jensen" <sonnich@hot.ee> wrote in message news:G8Ayw7.4F5@lugnet.com... (...) True, there is lots of space outside the cabinets. But two reasons not to have trains running there: 1. it's a reading area so they don't want to have the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  MOCs - Re460 and an industry-diesel

At last I found the time to take pictures of two not quite new of my MOCs, a swiss Re460 and an industry diesel (URL) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: my LEGO display

(...) Nice designs, i wish i could get there to see it in person! The crane on the bottom shelf is cool, too. Josh "Where's the box car door again?" (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: my LEGO display

That looks great. Amizing how much you have there. I understood that you had much less space there, but there is lots of it (well, best would be enougth to have a circle to have a train running. How many m2 do you have there? How about (URL) ? These (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

Yes, logos for LTCs are needed too. Ideally, I'd like those to appear on each clubs's LUGNET newsgroup home page. But judging by the lack of activation of those newsgroups, putting all LTC logos on .trains.org makes sense. Do others agree? -Suz (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  my LEGO display

Hi, The local library asked me to display some of my Lego collection, since they had two glass display cabinets in the reading area that were empty. I filled one cabinet completely with train stuff (mostly MOCs). Since I only had a two weekends to (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

Suz, What about the LTCs, could you include a collection of the different club logos on the .trains.org page? jt ----- James Trobaugh (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Yes, while the number at Lugnet may be small, each of us has a wider reach than might be first thought. I buy for myself, and my daughter. She goes to 10-12 birthday parties a year. These children get Lego from her as presents, for some it has (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  another voice from the first summit

I have to mind the NDA we all signed, but I'd like to offer a few more comments after attending the First LEGO Train Summit this weekend. In case you don't know, "NDA" stands for "Non Disclosure Agreement". Basically, we cannot talk specifics about (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

Larry, Thanks to you and other representatives of the train clubs for your work on this. And thank you Lego for keeping the communication channels open. I'm absolutely thrilled with the news. Keep up the good work. Bryan Kinkel "Larry Pieniazek" (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Harvey Henkelman - please mail me !

To the Lungetters - sorry to bother ! Harvey -pelase mail me asap ! Dejan # 595 (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Questions about 8 wide

(...) Robert,welcome to the marvellous world of 8wide! :-) About lenght: 8wide is as big as O gauge,but the radii of curves are much smaller(half of smaller O gauge radii)....this is a big limit,because you can't build trains at their effective (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Sith Express

Just arrived...the Sith Express. Full coverage @: (URL) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) lol BION, I'm pretty sure I never uttered the sacred phrase "8 wide" to Brad at all. In the pic where he and I are laughing, I think we were talking about one of your MOCs, Lar >;-D (...) We *almost* needed it for SteveB, though;-) (inside (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

lol The rest of the attendees have barely arrived home and the thread has already burned out;-) We did have a great time with the LD personnel and amongst attendees ourselves. I really enjoyed renewing old acquaintances and meeting others F2F for (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-Wide Locomotive

Great use of technic, Mike! I think the loco looks pretty good. The only enhancement I can think is to use the half wide technic beams with no studs (URL) - they'd probably look even better! And the tie is generally closer to the centre of the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Questions about 8 wide

Robert- Welcome to trains! :-) And congratulations on your width choice;-) I will try and answer some of your questions as I have been modeling in 8 wide for quite some time now... Modeling 8 wide is approximate to modeling in O scale, or 1:48. A (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Moc: 8-Wide Locomotive

Hi all, This is my first attempt at modeling a train in 8-wide. I'd have to say that im still not sure which size I like better. This model is loosely based on a Canadian Pacific 4-4-4 'Jubilee' that I saw on a website. The large gears with chains (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My latest MOC

(...) Mike, It definitely is a product of EMD(the prototype), once you obtain the photograph, I can tell you the particular model and it's statistics if you are so interested. -Harvey (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail/Train Transit Terminal

I've submitted this as a "large building" for the town building contest. Brad Hamilton <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message news:G87J31.40w@lugnet.com... (...) half-arch (...) red (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) [snip] Larry, This is great news, I can't wait to see the new sets and I hope it's soon! Long live LEGO Trains! Robin Werner Greater Florida LEGO Train Club (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail/Train Transit Terminal

That building looks pretty neat. I only recently started building 4-sided buildings myself. Almost all of my prior stuff was only 6 or 8 studs deep with no back! I took a major step forward with my natural history museum. I think it is at least 20 (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need 10 Red Plate, Modified 1 x 6 with Train Wagon End

(...) If you could use brown, go find 5 copies of 7104 Desert Skiff. These have been seen in some K-Marts for $4. Some other good bits in that set. Ray (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

"Jonathan Johnson" <lightfoot@earthling.net> wrote in message news:3a7df838.157992...net.com... (...) Exactly the reason I suggested using black. They are a little easier to come by and the pictures I have seen of Santa Fe locomotives tend to have (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need 10 Red Plate, Modified 1 x 6 with Train Wagon End

I don't see buying 5 of those sets as quite in my budget at the moment... (...) Lightfoot lightfoot@earthling.net (URL) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail/Train Transit Terminal

Brad & All, (...) that. (...) built (...) to (...) Heh., I understand that. I can build some decent car / truck / space creations on my own, I have not done too much in custom building yet, outside of this I did for the train show. It is my first 4 (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Use of lugnet.lego.direct and lugnet.dear-lego

(...) Well, from what I've heard of Billund and how happy employees are to take trips to cities, it wouldn't surprise me ;) That doesn't stop me from wanting to go to Billund someday though... :-D Nevertheless, I'm impressed too! (...) I'd love to (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Use of lugnet.lego.direct and lugnet.dear-lego

(...) Well, then I'm really impressed :-) (either that or they really wanted to sample the NYC food and just figured while they were in town, why not drop in on the summit...) Frank (who wishes he was there, but figures he'd have been a duplicate (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  MOC - Blue Circle Cement Wagon

I've only had a train set for a few days, so I'm glad to hear from Larry that there's a future in it. Anyway, here's the DAT file for a MOC wagon that I'd built just before my very first train set (4563) arrived, a few days ago. After a quick test (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My latest MOC

(...) Nice switcher. It looks great. Chris (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Questions about 8 wide

(...) Height...hmmm. My stuff tends to be a bit taller (1 brick at most 2 bricks) the standard LEGO stock. Length varies. I usually go 1 stud = 1.25 feet. When I am trying to copy a prototype I usually try to judge by the size of the wheels and (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) I certainly do. Did any of you happen to go into the store and find out what this Revolvolution stuff is? (URL) first I thought it read "Re-volvo-lotion", and I was thinking it might be something useful for the interior of my car... however, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) My sons are ages 5 and 7. The younger one loves to build and can easily build sets labeled ages 8-12, for instance. The worst trouble he has is finding the pieces, so I agree with Rose that the newer inside packaging into separate poly bags (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) But do they have to be mutually exclusive? --Todd [followups to .general] (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Apple Computer, Inc. understands this! (...) TLC should hire Steve Jobs! --Todd (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

"lawrence wilkes" <lawrence@thewilkesf...rve.co.uk> wrote in message news:G891v5.BHJ@lugnet.com... (...) you (...) sorry. Marketing strength will BEAT product quality every time. regards lawrence (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

"Shiri Dori" <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G891Jy.AqG@lugnet.com... (...) Think they finally realised that having a the best product does not mean you automatically get the best sales. Marketing strength will be product quality every (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Agreed. (...) Evidently, they changed their minds... -Shiri (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) I feel very strongly that: Effectiveness is not the same as Quality. Popularity does not equal Elegance. Appreciating a fine wine for example, takes much experience and taste development. I thought The LEGO Company believed that "Only the Best (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

Well said! My LEGO Retailer friends tell me these same things all the time. Their customers are very frustrated. -Suz (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

Kevin Loch wrote in message ... (...) I am a mom, sons 4 (almost 5) and 1. My son has had no interest in Jr. sets past the age of three. He likes my town sets, from the early 90's and 80's because of the detail, like garage doors. I talk to my (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

Kevin Loch wrote in message ... (...) Larry and Todd were specifically referring to the Lego.com *website* in those messages though. From the kids I used to do "Technic class" with, they really loved the Lego website and visited it *a lot*. Between (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

LEGO would be making a huge mistake if they assumed that the things we want are different than what kids want. I hear just about every day from a very reliable source that parents and kids hate juniorized sets. They want sets with more pieces. They (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Town Building contest update - ends Feb 15th

Well, here we are with 11 days to go until entries close on Feb 15th! Right now we have 155 entries in total! We could still do with some more Dioramas, boats and ships of all sizes, and microfig scale models. There are NO macro-scale model entries (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.contests)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) I'm surprised to hear that, but if it's true, then it's good news, and it would make things a lot clearer. So, what then *is* the target market for lego.com, and how were things like satisfaction measured? (...) And usability testing, of (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  My latest MOC

I just uploaded some pictures of a train I built yesterday. Down in Orlando just west of the airport on the Bee Line there is a blue locomotive that has been sitting there for as long as I can remember. Everytime I drive past it (once or twice a (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Some of your opinions anger me Larry. I hate to say this but you also criticize other people. Maybe you should take a look at the "venome" in you. And not act like everyone is so feeble in the field of trians. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) That's in fact the best news concerning TLC and the Lego train line I've heared during the last weeks or even months.... After the very dissapointing news from the toys fair in Nuremberg this makes me hope I will be able to spend money into (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

Thanks for the compliments. lawrence wilkes <lawrence@thewilkesf...rve.co.uk> wrote in message news:G88Cwq.9oz@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

Scott E. Sanburn <ssanburn@cleanweb.net> wrote in message news:00a701c08e49$de...default... (...) What (...) Thanks - As far as the cars, there is an interesting side-story about that. I have no problem slapping together complex MOC buildings (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Use of lugnet.lego.direct and lugnet.dear-lego

(...) Hmm, I think you may have hit on why Jorn is over here on this side of the pond, though it doesn't necessarily imply TLC is going to show some trains, they may have sent Jorn because they wanted to include a senior designer, and since they (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) It was the *first* *train* summit. (...) I can't talk about future products, about demographics or web usage or sales figures, or about costs/numbers/successes for various marketing, sales or production activities, for example. There are other (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) I've said it before, it is my view that 4561 is a good product for the market it is targeted at. Town Jr. is a good product for the market it is targeted at. Bionicle is a good product for the market it is targeted at, for that matter. None of (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Urp, good point In this one... sDscn1209.jpg (URL) from the left Larry Pieniazek – poly-LTC Peter Andersen - LD product manager Jorn Kristian Thomsen - Lead Lego trains designer from Billund James Mathis - PNLTC Jake McKee - Senior producer (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.people)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Great stuff! Are there plans to have such meeting again someday? It's great to hear that Lego is _really_ in touch with their community! I guess the NDA covers future products, or does it also cover other things? Please tell us for a rough (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3A7CE7D3.D83AEE...ing.com... (...) Putting 2 and 2 together, isn't it the New York Toy Fair this week? Presume that's why they were in town. Perhaps they are going to unviel some trains (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

"Brad Hamilton" <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message news:G87J31.40w@lugnet.com... (...) Nice one! regards lawrence (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G87D35.EpA@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) train (...) 1st good news in a long while. Though it had better not be anything like the 4561. I wonder if they plan to have any meetings like (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Questions about 8 wide

Hello All, I've just recently gotten into Trains and 8 wide seems to be the best for modeling but I have a few questions. 1. What's a good length for a Diesel? 2. A Passenger car? 3. A Freight car? 4. What's a good height? I understand that the (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Thanks :^) ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Ahh, in other words: "Splunge." :-) (...) a total blast! Glad to hear it was fun and productive!! --Todd [followups to .trains] (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) That kind of information would be covered under the NDA so I can't specifically comment. (...) After, last nite back at the hotel, and most all day during the meeting. Train MOCs have a way of taking up the entire table, which is not prudent. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Monorail/Train Transit Terminal

(...) I've been pretty impressed by LEGO stickers. They are made of a pretty rugged paper and I have always found that if a sticker was stuck on well (if not in quite the right position), that you can pretty much always lift it and re-apply it (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Awesome! I hope all of those who have been whining will think about what happened here, and think about Larry's comments over the past few months about how whining is not the best way to go about things, and consider that this meeting probably (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact