 Town / 9120
Re: LAFD, NYPD minifig-scale models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2006 13:50:45 GMT

Steven,

Wonderful looking trucks.  Thanks for posting your latest pics.

Ray

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Asbury" <stevenasbury@comcast.net>
To: <lugnet.town@lugnet.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 12:58 AM
Subject: Re: LAFD, NYPD minifig-scale models

In lugnet.town, J. Spencer Rezkalla wrote:
Steven, you are truly the master of the minifig fire and rescue apparatus.
The detail and scope of your work is amazing.

I think you should try to move the front axles of your SuperDuty chassis
trucks forward a stud or two to more properly mimic the real thing. The • back
edge of the wheel should just line up with the front edge of the • windshield
rather than sit underneath it.

I would then raise the 4x6 hood wedge another two plates in height to • reduce
the visual mass of the two brick tall windshield and more closely align • the
hood height with the top edge of the rear pallet.

Spencer

My work always gets better with collaboration, so I appreciate the feedback.
I'll give both ideas a try.

I like how you were able to achieve the proper alignment on your
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/srezkall/town/vehicles/EMS/2.jpg
ambulance>.

-Steven