 Town / 9109
9108  |  9110
Subject:
LAFD, NYPD minifig-scale models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 21:59:15 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I’ve just uploaded photos of two new minifig-scale rescue vehicle replicas.

On both vehicles, I have bricks going in almost all directions (upside down, sideways). Both also have 1/2 brick offsets with the cab of the trucks 6-wide and the body 7-wide. It took several attempts to get so many building techniques into such a small space. As always, with both models my main goal was accuracy to the real rigs.

The first is a Los Angeles City Fire Department brush patrol truck.
Here’s the real LAFD truck. (This one has a four-door cab while mine is the two-door version)
The Lego LAFD brush partol

(Other Lego LAFD rigs)
Ladder truck
Urban Search and Rescue truck
LAFD Engine

The second is a redesign of my ESU truck. The Emergency Service Unit of the NYPD is a combined rescue and SWAT team. This Radio Emergency Patrol truck is the ESU’s workhorse and is equipped with scuba gear, medical kits and rescue equipment including heavy hydraulics.
The real rig.
The Lego ESU police truck

-Steven
Brickshelf gallery.