 Town / 9112
Re: LAFD, NYPD minifig-scale models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 19:45:51 GMT

In lugnet.town, Steven Asbury wrote:
   In lugnet.town, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
   In lugnet.town, Steven Asbury wrote:
   I’ve just uploaded photos of two new minifig-scale rescue vehicle replicas.

The first is a Los Angeles City Fire Department brush patrol truck.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/s-asbury/Rescue2/Brush2/lafdbp24.jpg

The second is a redesign of my ESU truck.
The Lego ESU police truck

All fabulous, as always. Have you considered trying one of the 4 plate high windscreens for the brush truck and the NYPD ESU truck? I am wondering if it might look more prototypical?

Here is some food for inspiration for another addition to your NYPD fleet: http://www.dotphoto.com/GuestViewImage.asp?AID=1706169&IID=53738473&INUM=5&ICT=22&IPP=16

Always enjoying your rigs . . .

Best,

Jonathan

Thanks, Jonathan!

Do you mean these windscreens?

If only they came in 6-wide (Hint, hint... Lego Direct: Are you listening? :-)

Ah, you’re right. I don’t know what is wrong with my brain these days . . .

I tried to view the linked photo, but it wants a username and password.

Hmm, I didn’t anticipate that. My apologies. Here is another link:

http://www.fdnytrucks.com/files/html/specialunits/nypd.htm

I was referring to the 2002-2003 Mack/Saulsbury ESU trucks a little ways down the page. I think you could do one incredibly well.

Keep up the great work. I just love seeing your apparatus come up on the recent page!

Jonathan