 Town / 719
Re: Incredible Shrinking Disease
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 03:05:53 GMT

In lugnet.town, Sanjay D'Souza writes:
I finally got a copy of the 2000 LEGO Catalogue over the weekend, and in
need of a good laugh checked out the City Center (Town) section.   I don't
know if anyone else has mentioned this but is the range slowly but surely
decreasing?

It actually all has to do with the market. The US City Centre range is 21
sets, and S@H still carries many discontinued models, bringing the total to
over 30, probably because of lack of sales. The US train range continues with
11 sets, plus 2126 is still at S@H (NOTE TO BARGAIN HUNTERS: On clearence for
$55 at S@H! Use ordering code 2126SP). I am sure, however, what they mean
by "build houses" is of your own design. I do miss LEGO, though. My favourtie
year was 1990. Three houses, Metro Park & Service Tower, Airport Shuttle, four
L&S sets, and a very cool race track (6395) among many, not to mention 6376,
oen of my favourites. I have this feeling that within the next two years,
something new and good will happen. Just think of this way, what else can LEGO
really do? They have explorer the world's two last frontiers, water and artic.
They have gone to the Amazon/Jungle and Egypt and the "Lost World", under
ground and under water. They cannot go back into space, and they have used
just about every Castle idea. They could go to India or a Roman-Greco theme,
but I don't see that happening. And they already did Pirates, and
Soccer/Football is the only sports theme that I see working with LEGO. What's
left? Why, Town of course.