 Town / 660
Re: The Mystery of the non existent Hospital
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 01:59:53 GMT

I have that catalog and have always wondered about it.  The other sets in
the image were freely available at the time.  These were the first LEGOLAND
town sets available (at least in the US) with posable mini-figures.

I never saw the hospital set on sale or explicitly mentioned in any
catalogs.

Sanjay D'Souza <sds87@hotmail.com> wrote in message
While perusing a 1979 US LEGO catalogue the other day I came across the
following page.  Nothing too unusual about it except that it features a • set
that I've never seen listed on Lugnet or anywhere else for that matter.

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1979/c79us/c79us-11.html

Was the hospital ever sold in the US?  While it looks very dated by
standards set in the late 80's early 90's it still an interesting set
nonetheless.

The mystery of this set is almost as intriguing as the the Loch Ness • Monster
of LEGO Town sets, the legendary #6500 which while captured on Lugnet, has
never been seen in the flesh/plastic.

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6500

Can anyone out there shed some light on the above two sets?  And while the
hard questions are being asked I've got a couple more...

1) Was #6361 "Mobile Crane" ever sold in the US?
2) Was #6383 "Public Works Center" sold outside the US?
3) Was #6378 "Shell Service Station" sold in the US?

Thanks

Sanjay

--
Millennium City @ http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jsds