 Town / 678
Re: The Mystery of the non existent Hospital also NON existent Exxon Station
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 03:32:18 GMT

In lugnet.town, Mark Herzberg writes:
In lugnet.town, Sanjay D'Souza writes:
Ummm...I always assumed that Town sets beginning with 1XXX were only sold
via S@H.  Maybe that explains why they aren't so rare on Ebay.  On the other
hand 1490 and 1484 have seldom appeared.

14xx never appeared in stores. Some (if not most) 16xx did.

Ok guys here is another one for you!  The NON existent Exxon Gas station in
the 1984 U.S. Catalog!  It looks like the 6371 but the tow truck has fatter
tires and the car is yellow!

Also here is more trivia.  Look at the Exxon #6696 tanker instructions.  They
are identical to the euro #6695.  If you look really close at the instructions
the decals are drawn in the wrong spot vs. the picture of the model!!

Mike