 Town / 664
Re: The Mystery of the non existent Hospital
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 06:44:09 GMT

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000 02:43:07 GMT, "Sanjay D'Souza" <sds87@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Secondly, the range available in the US in the early 80's was far and away
better than the rest of the world.  US only sets like Main Street, Exxon Gas
Station, Public Works Center dominated the range back then.

Up to 1990 there was a clear difference between US and non US LEGOLAND
ranges, most clearly evident by the availability of the Exxon sets from 1979
to 1984.  The Cargo Centers #6377 and #6391 continued this trend until the
mid 80's.  After that Shop @ Home became the source of further US only sets.
The only decent town bank #1490, the car crane #1484 and the first space
shuttle #1682 were sets that were only availble from S@H in the US.

Getting back to the subject of the hospital, it would have been a great
addition to the Town range.  Judging by the picture it does look good enough
to have been marketed at the time.  Unfortunately it wasn't and Town fans
and to wait an agonising 8 years before a hospital set was introduced in the
form of #6380.

Sanjay

So let me get this straight.  What you're saying is that I not only
have a hard to find Exxon Gas Station, but a hard to find space
shuttle AND the first hospital?  And to think that I always thought
that was the second or third hospital (I had seen the above mentioned
picture waaaay back when when I was about 5 years old).

Millennium City @ http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jsds