 Town / 6418
Re: Minifig Hall of Fame
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 22:05:39 GMT

In lugnet.town, Tony Alexander wrote:
Paul,
     Nice architecture!  Cool use of 3-D form!  I especially like the roof slope
on the curved wall.  And a fun idea for a building!
     How did you get such a nice curve in your wall?  It looks like those are
regular bricks...or did you use some hinging or SNOT magic that we can't see?
Love it!

Peace and Long Life,
Tony Alexander

Thanks Tony, glad you like it!

In order to get the curves, I used the force! Really, they are simply a sheet of
1x2 regular bricks. A 1x2 brick is very, very slightly smaller than half a 1x4
brick. The very small "gap" alows for you to bend them. I first wanted to make a
lighthouse, real round, not fake round. I knew from my childhood that this could
be done, but forgot the minimal radius. A full circle can be made on 90 x 90
studs or so, but then I figured that if that was the smallest circle, this would
be the top of the lighthouse, so the base would be even bigger, like 140 x 140.
A realistic looking lighthouse would now turn out to be 6+ feet or so. Not that
this has stopped me in the past, (or will in the future), but current time
restraints (and money), prompted me to build the curved building.

Paul